She pushed him away and began looking into the coffin but when she didn't find the necklace, she flipped it over, throwing it on the ground.

"I need clothes," she spoke after calming down a little, turning to look at the three. "Let's go shopping."

>>>>

A woman poured champagne in Klaus's glass before moving onto Stefan's then she walked away, leaving them alone with Emery and Rebekah who was in a fitting room.

She was sitting on a couch with her sketchbook in her hands as she attempted to complete the drawing she had started a few days ago, having taken her sketchbook out of the car earlier since she was getting bored. She already had enough clothes so she wasn't going to buy— or have her compelled some.

"What are you drawing?" Klaus's voice snapped her out of her concentration. She looked up at him, shrugging, "nothing interesting." She had been drawing the woman she had been seeing in her dreams.

"Let me be the judge of that," Klaus muttered, raising his brows at her.

Stefan narrowed his eyes at the two, knowing that something had definitely changed between them yet he didn't want to bring it up, he didn't want her to confirm that she had grown close to Klaus even though he already knew that.

Emery slowly turned her sketchbook in his direction so he could see what she had started to draw, his eyes widening slightly once she did that. The drawing was almost completed, she was working on the lips. It didn't take the hybrid more than three seconds to figure out who she was.  Emery was talented. She made sure every single details were present, trying to capture everything she saw in her dreams on the paper.

"Who is she?" Klaus questioned, feeling his throat getting all dried up all of a sudden despite the fact that he had been drinking.

"Uh—" Emery clicked her tongue, turning the sketchbook to face her again, "the woman I've been seeing in my dreams."

Klaus pursed his lips, giving her a curt nod, not saying anything regarding that. Just then, Rebekah walked out of the fitting room wearing a short black dress. She stared at them, "so women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

Klaus moved his eyes from Emery to his sister, "you wore trousers so women today could wear nothing."

"And what is this music?" Rebekah questioned, her lips pulling up into a frown, "it sounds like a cable car accident."

"It's dance music."

"People dance to this?" She questioned earning a hum from Klaus who was beginning to grow annoyed, "are we done?"

"And why are you so grumpy?"

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing," Klaus answered Rebekah's question, "your necklace. And you lost it."

"I didn't lose it," Rebekah bit back, "it's just been missing for 90 years." She looked at Stefan, "what do you think?"

"I like it." He replied which earned him a look from Rebekah. "What? I said I like it."

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan." She then turned to the witch, "Emery, what do you think of the dress?"

The green eyes brunette stared at her for a few seconds before shrugging, "it suits you— kind of."

"Why, thank you." Rebekah smiled, "I'll go grab a few more just to be sure." She then walked back in the fitting room while Klaus threw his head back, grunting in annoyance, "nice one. Good work."

"You're the one that pulled the out of her," Stefan said earning a scoff from Rebekah, "I heard that."

"All right," Stefan stood up, "I'm going to get some fresh air." With that,he went outside.

"Don't you want anything?" Klaus asked the girl who shook her head, not looking at him as she kept her eyes on her drawing.

"You should get something too," the hybrid said and as if on cue, Rebekah came out of the fitting room and tossed a dress in Emery's direction. The emerald green dress fell on her lap and she stared at it in confusion, "what's this for?"

"I think it would look great on you," Rebekah shrugged, smiling, "goes with your eyes. Don't you think so, Nik?"

Klaus glanced at the dress then back at Emery's face. His lips pulled up into a small smirk as he gave her a nod, "it actually would. Why don't you go try it on and see?"

She held the dress in front of her. It was an off-shoulder dress with no long sleeves. Her heartbeat picked up at that and she instantly shook her head, "I don't—" she cleared her throat, remembering the scars coating her wrists. She been wearing long sleeved clothes the whole time since she didn't exactly bring a concealer with her. "I don't really like dresses."

"But I think you'd look really pretty in that," Rebekah urged, "more than you already are, that is."

"Thank you but I'll pass" she mumbled, "you should try it on yourself. Bet you'd look even better. You're the kinda girl that would look stunning in everything." She then flickered her attention to her sketchbook again.

Klaus and Rebekah exchanged a confused glance but neither of them said anything as she walked back in the fitting room with the dress with a small sigh and a shrug.