⋗𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐚𝐳𝐞𝐜𝐢 𝐬𝐢 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐮, 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

⋗𝐰𝐚𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 - 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭.- 𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

A/N: 3680 words total. I'm not sorry.

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

"SEARGANT BARNES."  The two were regarded by the police chief as they passed through the barrier towards the building, ready for conflict. Evelina walked a pace behind Bucky, in slight awe of the bright flashing lights and general chaotic surroundings, her black leotard fit snugly with enough holsters to arm the original Flag Smashers ensemble. 

She returned to the present the moment she felt a person grab her elbow. A middle aged man with a receding hairline hidden beneath a beanie stood behind her. "Excuse me, sir. Are you two supposed to be here?" The man spoke as James went to make him unhand the incredibly capable woman. He raises his eyebrow threateningly as the man goes to touch his temple and remove the beanie.

Evelina visibly relaxes and pulls Sharon, who had revealed her identity beneath the illusionary technology, into a tight hug. "Sharon, what the hell are you doing here?" Bucky asks incredulously when the girls split before she grabs both of their arms and begins to lead them somewhere else. "Relax. No one's looking for me here." She says, still keeping an eye out for any unwanted onlookers.

From the earpieces the two wore, Sam spoke up. "Do I hear Sharon?" As Bucky goes to respond, Evelina pulls out a spare piece from one of her pockets and hands it to her friend. "Unfortunately." the super soldier says into his microphone.

Eva smiles slightly and lightly punches his shoulder for his sarcastic remark. Sharon having settled the small device into her ear speaks up. "Hey, Sam. I thought I'd get the band back together." Both Evelina who had heard all of the stories of their times together fighting Hydra from Sharon and Sam who was currently flying above them in a jet, smile in excitement and thankfulness respectively. 

"Thank you. You're risking a lot coming here." Sam expresses his thoughts sincerely and Evelina nods along in agreement. "I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway." The blonde responds, deflecting his emotions, a common hobby of hers.

Bucky had been keeping a close eye on their surroundings as they conversed when he had retorted sarcastically. "Depends on the therapist." Evelina rolls her eyes but her smile never drops, even when their eyes meet. Silently, the two have a conversation in glances and head movements where he asks 'Are you okay?' with a pointed look, she responds 'I'm okay, you?' with a nod and head tilt, he nods his head in return, their eyes shining with words neither wanted to admit to just yet.