⋗𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐳𝐞𝐜𝐞, 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

⋗𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬.- 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐭𝐳𝐮.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

LOST in her memories, Evelina had knocked her opponent off her feet unconsciously. Her body was taken off auto pilot when a metal hand fell on her shoulder, turning her around and pulling her spear away from Ayo's neck. The moment the glaze over her eyes slipped away she stepped back, away from her old friend who was panting on the floor.

This wasn't the first time she'd forgotten her strength and hurt someone but the last time she did it, she didn't feel as bad as she did now. With a large gulp Eva looked to focus on Bucky who was speaking. Had he been speaking for long? Could she not hear him over the voice in her head repeating better times back to her?

"Vee, stop. He's gone." She was so lost in her own mind that she didn't register the nickname he gave her or the fact both his metal and flesh hands were on her face, forcing their eyes to meet. No words escaped from her lips as her mind finally recovered and shook her head out of his grasp to look towards the island, where she last saw her father.

Her heart plummeted below the ground, farther than her father in the sewers. The bathroom doors were open wide, showing the open manhole Zemo had left through. Hoskins was helping a defeated Walker up off the dining room floor, Sam was holding his arm in pain and the Dora Milaje had picked Ayo up and left.

Evelina knew the room wasn't silent, she could see John and Sams' lips moving but she couldn't hear anything over the sound of her own heart. It was like her head was dunked under water and she was drowning. Even her lungs mimicked the feeling of drowning as they were constricting and limiting the amount of air as to not let any rogue water in. But, there wasn't any rogue water in her lungs, only in her eyes.

Her tearful eyes were locked on the open manhole until they weren't. Bucky had turned her away from the bathroom in worry. He had turned to talk to Sam for a second after she pulled out of his grasp and only looked back at her when Sam asked if she was okay, only for her to not respond.

Evelina could only see blurs of colours and no concrete shapes due to her tears. None had fallen out until the brunet man turned her around again. It was a surprise to both of the men to see Evelina cry. To be honest, it was slightly jarring to see the strong woman breakdown in tears. The first time and only other time he had seen her cry was in Madripoor and it was because of her father yet again.

Neither of them had any clue what to do, so they just stood their dumbly. To Eva, their silence pushed her further, she needed to be alone so she rushed off out of the main room of the hide out house. It took a second for them to register what happened, leading to Bucky rushing after her to make sure she didn't leave as well. That wasn't the only reason he followed after her but that's a discussion for another time.

He followed the sound of her feet and the slam of a door to find her. When he opened the door, she was on her knees heaving away from it. It was as if everything that wasn't attached to the ground was suspended by a force similar to that of Carrie White's from Stephen Kings hit 1974 classic Carrie. One of the many books on Evelina's bookshelves that Bucky noticed was aggressively annotated. Come to think of it, some of the other books with an assortment of tabs and notes were Roald Dahl's Matilda, The Beautiful Ones by Sylvia Moreno-Garcia and Ella by Uri Geller.

These books weren't very similar, one of them being a children's novel after all, but in each one a character possessed the ability to move things with their minds. Evelina hadn't read and annotated these books because she enjoyed them, no. She did so as a way to research because she too had telekinesis.

He simply stood in amazement at her show of powers but then he began to float too, realizing it was time to interrupt her. Bucky practically floated through the air, pulling the sobbing woman into a hug that she so desperately needed. With every second he held her in the embrace more and more things were lowered back down. Evelina's breath began to even out as Bucky tried his hardest to comfort the girl who thought her father had the ability to change. 

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

Luckily, Evelina had rushed to the room she had been sleeping in so when she fell asleep in Bucky's arms he simply picked her up bridal style and gently placed her back into her bed to let her rest before going back to Sam, not mentioning the whole superpowers. They decided it was best to let her leave, even if she had direct connections and was one of the few people Karli trusted she wasn't emotionally okay enough, her panic attack proof of that.

They began searching for Zemo but there was no trace of him. Suddenly, as they were walking back to the house, Sarah, Sam's sister called. Bucky couldn't hear what she was saying, only what her brother was responding with. His worry picked up when Sam replied. "She said what? Right. Hold on, hold on. I know, I know. Listen, pack an overnight bag and take the boys." 

He looked over in worry, not waiting for their call to end. "What happened?" Sam took the phone away from his ear as their walk slowed down. "Karli, called Sarah. She threatened my nephews." 

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

A/N: I fucking hate school, I don't know why I want to be a teacher anymore lmao. How y'all doing? I haven't updated this book in two weeks and I feel like shit about it. At least I think I have an update on my schedule. Hopefully, from now on I'll be updating Sonder every Saturday and Cotton Candy Skies every Sunday. I did have to put MASKS on hiatus because I have so much more to write on that and it means that I wouldn't be able to finish these two as fast. I'm trying to finish this act of CCS before No Way Home comes out but I have a good plot idea for it from the trailer. I don't really have to worry about Eva and Bucky because Captain America 4 doesn't even have an actual name yet. Anyways, I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FANTASTIC PEOPLE READING BECAUSE YOU DESERVE ALL THE LOVE AND APPRETIATION THE WORLD CAN GIVE AND MORE. DON'T FORGET TO EAT FOOD, DRINK WATER, SLEEP AND UNCLENCH YOUR MOTHERFUCKING JAW.

-Sincerely, Bee.