⋗𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐳𝐞𝐜𝐞, 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐬.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

⋗𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲.- 𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐦 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐧.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

KARLI snickered at Evelina's jab and began backing up, away from the door the others entered through. "No promises, Rina!" Their eyes met one last time, Eva giving her the motherly glare before a wall blocked them from each others views. The brunette looked back at the men who were shocked, for a lack of a better word.

Sam and Bucky looked betrayed and guilty while Walker only saw red. Suddenly, a piece of vibranium was being thrown at her head. The shield flew over her head as she ducked and ricocheted off the cement wall into the initial targets' grip. Everyone was so distracted by the brunettes inhuman reaction time to realise Karli had run off.

"Jesus Christ, were you trying to behead me with a frisbee? I didn't think that was its purpose." Eva jested as she analysed the heavier dinner plate only for a punch to be thrown at her. She was able to block John's fist with the piece of vibranium he was meant to be holding, nearly shattering every bone in his hand. 

The man with the metal arm finally snapped out of his inner monologue and took off to the exit Karli had used, leaving Sam with the other soldiers to take down the first person that got close to making him trust them. Not too long after he ran off, Sam and Eva had too. Well, Evelina was being chased by John and Lemar but it still counts.

Karli was making her way to the room she left the bum bag that had the vials in it only to be shot by a Sokovian wearing a trench coat. All those who were looking for the redhead ran in the direction of the bang to find Zemo smashing vials of a blue substance and the nineteen year old rushing away with the help of a man they assumed was also a super soldier. 

Another bang rang out but instead of a gun shot, it was the sound of metal meeting skull. Evelina stood over her unconscious father, the shield she confiscated falling to the floor after hitting his head. She scoured the floor, counting the amount of lids on the floor, looking for a vial that hadn't been smashed, a vial that would save her life. 

Finally, her hand grasped a small bottle that was left intact under the flipped table. Evelina's erratic breathing settled as she gripped the vial like a life line. Footsteps were approaching the room she was in and she knew she needed to flee before they caught up with her. With the serum secured in her blazer pocket she took off again.

Walker and Hoskins were the first to make it to the storage room to find no sign of the brunette except for her father unconscious on the floor beside the shield she stole. The latter went to make sure the escaped convict was still breathing while the other noticed the broken glass on on the floor. He inspected it and found another bottle that hadn't been smashed, hiding it in his empty knife pocket.

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

Sam, Bucky and an unconscious Zemo didn't know what to expect to find when they returned to the safe house but it for sure wasn't the brunette who betrayed them less than twenty minutes ago, pacing while waiting for someone to pick up their phone. Out of shock, Barnes had dropped the Barons' body onto the floor and rushed to attack her. 

Surprisingly, he didn't go straight to punches. Using his metal arm he pinned the woman to the wall. His anger was visible on his face but so was his guilt, much to his dismay. Evelina smirked at him, he wasn't putting enough pressure to block her airways, only enough to keep her neck from moving which told her he didn't want to hurt her.

Her heart betrayed her and fluttered at the thought that the former assassin didn't want to kill her just yet but she was pulled away from her thoughts by the other man in the room that they completely forgot about. "What do you think you're doing back here after what you did?" 

Sam was angry and rightfully so, but he didn't know the entire story and Eva thought it would be a good time to tell it. But first she needed to get rid of her new necklace. "Could I explain myself without being held up to a wall?" Bucky's grip only got tighter at her remark which forced Sam to drop Zemo on the couch and forcefully pull his partners' hand off her throat.

"Thank you." Her voice was sickly sweet and laced with sarcasm that neither of them appreciated. Evelina simply took a seat on the back of the couch, her hand on her knee to keep it from sliding off the other leg. "You said you were going to explain yourself, so do it." Barnes was getting impatient and couldn't help but snap at her.

"Fine, I'll start from the beginning. Years ago when I was in Madripoor I met our dear Karli Morgenthau. For months she was my only friend, I saw her as my family. Later, I left Madripoor to go to university and we lost contact, apparently out of spite she stole the Power Brokers' serum. Then, when you three first arrived outside my Uni I joined you because I thought that if you had no other choice but to break my father out of jail, it was serious. When we arrived in Madripoor, I did what you all asked of me and was going to head home but then, the Power Broker hired me to get the serums back off Karli. So, I stuck with you all and did what I was hired to do. It was never my responsibility or intention to catch or hurt Karli, I only did what I was told to do so you have no reason to be mad at me." 

As she spoke, her voice inflicted many emotions even though she tried not to. Before either of the men could respond a groaning sound came from the couch behind them where Zemo was beginning to wake up. Using her father as a distraction she hid away into the bathroom as to avoid further questioning. 

It was as if she was right on time to the party.  When she finally finished sulking in the bathroom and changing out of her black suit, into high waisted red jeans and white tank top she regrouped with the others just as Walker and Hoskins burst through the door. With as much privilege as he could, John yelled out.

"All right. That's it. Let's go. I'm now ordering you to turn them both over." Walker pointed to  both of the Zemo's but Sam blocked his path to Eva by standing in front of him. "Hey, slow your roll and let's be clear, shield or no shield, the only thing you're runnin' in here is your mouth. Now, she had Karli and you overstepped and he's actually proven himself useful today. We're gonna need all hands on deck for whatever's comin' next." Sam wasn't wrong at all, John was running his mouth, Eva did have Karli, Zemo was decently useful and they needed more than all the hands to be on deck.

John took a step forward to get into Sam's face but he didn't look intimidated, because he wasn't. "How do you want the rest of this conversation to go Sam, huh? Yeah. Should I put down the shield? Make it fair?" The man chuckled as he went to put down the shield Eva decided to taunt him. "Oi, Walker. I beat your ass three times in six inch heels, do you want me to make it four?"

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

A/N: Hey all! Sorry for the late update, I finished the chapter yesterday but forgot to post it lmao. I've been really busy with getting ready for school. I have my junior cert this year and it's really stressful because I'm going to be the first class to do the exam in two years. Anyways, I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FANTASTIC PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU DESERVE THE WORLD AND MORE. I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND DON'T FORGET TO EAT FOOD, SLEEP, DRINK WATER AND TAKE YOUR MEDS.

-Sincerely, Bee.