⋗𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐳𝐞𝐜𝐞, 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

⋗𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞? 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝?- 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐬.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

It was as if time froze in place. He still had the disc held to his neck, they were all still watching in horror and she was still spiralling. The blue mist that surrounded her hands, darkened her eyes and clouded her once rational mind was receding back into her veins where it'd go back to both killing her slowly and keeping her alive. A sob of despair travelled up her throat but was blocked by her façade of stone.

Evelina kept her breaths steady, face neutral, eyes empty, lips shut and shoulders back not to display her true reaction to what she had done but to hide it, to not let anybody see through her lies of strength and stability and to the devastated woman hidden beneath. No one moved a muscle, not even the heroes.

They were all afraid of her. The crowd was terrified of the woman before them and the monster that was buried beneath her thick skin. Evelina had lost control of that monster and she would face the repercussions for it. The first person to snap from the shared state of shock was a man who had a similar beast disguised by similar lies. James Barnes took a step toward the still brunette.

Evelina Zemo heard the sound of someone approaching her from behind and let her fight or flight response respond. Her foot was lifted off the mans' chest, the shield discarded behind her as she took off forward, into the crowd. She used her short stature as cover as she darted in between people.

Stopping wasn't an option especially when she heard the same heavy footsteps trailing her every move. The thought to turn around slightly to check who was chasing her never crossed her frazzled mind, to be honest, no rational thoughts had come to her in many minutes. She kept running and running, to where? She had no clue either. Running was the only way to escape then so she couldn't worry about the both before and after.

Within seconds the loud footsteps that once trailed behind her were inaudible to her ringing ears. Finding it useless to keep running along some random train track, Eva took a sharp left into a storage unit where she fell to her knees in exhaustion. Not even a super soldier like herself could sprint at full speed for that long, in heels, all while having a panic attack

Once her knees met the cold stone pavement, little scrapes appeared and healed instantly. Her mind continued running even though her body had stopped. Thought after thought raced through her aching head but she couldn't hear anything except the sharp ringing of non-silent silence. Her lungs felt as if they were being submerged in the dark stormy waters of an ocean. Having your lungs constricted to small sporadic inhales and painful exhales wasn't a pleasant experience and she most definitely didn't want to go through it again.

Still, she couldn't help it, anxiety wasn't a thing she had control over and that caused her to panic more. To know and feel your own body and mind shutting down and not being able to do anything to stop it was horrific. Though her entire body ached and begged for the small release that crying would bring, her eyes remained dry and wide.

Similar footsteps approached her again but before any of those whom had searched and found her could speak, she did. "I didn't mean to go that far. I-I just got so, overwhelmed by anger. Beating him half to death was never my intention." There were breaks and pauses scattered throughout Evelina's confession, not ones that were faked for pity or sympathy but ones that were caused by a literal lack of air reaching her lungs.

Still, though it wasn't attended, nor appreciated, both Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes looked to her, faces contorted into looks of unnecessary compassion. She couldn't see them but she felt their sorrowful eyes on her and her pitiful state. Evelina had fucked up and the only repercussion she would be met with was the torture that was being eaten alive by her own guilt, well that and a very pissed off John Walker who doesn't know when to stop.

"Here you are you little bitch." The brunette who was still knelt down, curled up on herself further at the sound of John's taunt. Sure, Sam and Bucky were originally only there to speak to Eva but if the chance to beat up a murderer arises, they can't just say no. His face was splattered with dried blood, both his own and not, and many bruises that came from both Evelina's fists and her powers.

"Stop, Walker." Sam called out to the man as he went to approach the younger brunette. He just scoffed and tried to walk around the men only to be met with a hand to his chest. "What? You saw what happened, what that fucking freak did to me. You know what I have to do. I killed that man because he killed Lemar! And I'm going to kill her too because she almost killed me!"

John attempted to pass the men again, this time being met with two hands on his shoulders to keep him back. "He didn't kill Lemar, John and she was doing the right thing by stopping you from beating that innocent man until he was unrecognizable!" Bucky tried this time to talk sense into the man who was clearly spiralling into self-destruction only to be met with a childish scoff and roll of his eyes.

"Don't go down that road. Believe me, it doesn't end well." The war veteran continued his attempt to help the grown man realize the fault in his actions. "I'm not like you." John's response was indeed, correct, as agreed on about Evelina.

"You're right John, you're much worse than him. Tell me, will you only be satisfied when streets run red with the blood of more innocents that happened to be in the vicinity of Lemar's death? Are you going to put all those who stood by and watched your friend die at fault rather than blame the person who was so blinded by his own stupid self-righteousness to realize that they were outnumbered and casualties were inevitable?"

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

A/N: G'day me lovelies! Has it been more than a month since I've released a chapter? Sadly. Do I blame myself? Fuck yeah! Do I also thank storm Barra for giving me two days off school? Yes I do! But on a more serious note, I've been struggling with a ridiculous case of imposter syndrome after exams and my birthday a few weeks ago. I keep telling myself that I'm fifteen now, I should be so mature and responsible, I should be able to manage my time better and post chapters everyday but I'm also delusional. Anyways, I ADORE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU WONDOUROUS PEOPLE FOR SIMPLY EXISTING. GO EAT SOME FOOD AND DRINK WATER OR ELSE I WILL FIND YOU AND FORCE IT DOWN YOUR FUCKING THROAT YOU BITCH.

-Sincerely, Bee.