⋗𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐢, 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

⋗𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝. -𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐮.⋖

⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

EVELINA said nothing, just gestured the others into the open door. The four had to climb thirteen flights of stairs to get to her penthouse apartment due to the elevator being broken and at first she laughed at how visibly unfit her father was.

The door led to a short hallway with doors on both sides. A framed photo of a nine year old Eva in her preppy school uniform, holding up a certificate saying she had completed her batizado and moved up in the unofficial ranks of capoeira, a toothy grin adorned her face, was hung on the wall parallel to the door.

The walls were a light cornflower blue, well that's what the paint can told her. She had a small coat hanger that held one coat because she lived alone.

Sam was the first to walk into the foyer and as he did a snow-white cat jumped out from one of the other rooms, its back arched and hissing like a mad man. " What is that demon!" Sam jumped away from the angry creature and hid behind Bucky who just shook his head in embarrassment. 

Evalina rushed from behind them and scooped her cat up smoothly, he immediately stopped hissing and cuddled into her neck. "This is Alpine and he hates meeting new people, I'm pretty sure I should have mentioned that earlier. Make yourselves at home while I get my things!" Eva and Alpine rushed into the room on their left and left the others stood awkwardly, not knowing where to go.

They eventually shuffled into the simple living room. It had a white and blue theme which showed consistency in her interior decorating skills. She had a fake fireplace and little bits and bobs littered its mantle place. In the corner of the room was a large wedding dress on a mannequin and a sewing machine.

A book case took up half of a wall and the books on it looked read due to their cracked spines that irked the avid reader in Bucky. Every place that didn't house a book, held a plant. It was obvious Evelina was filling the void of living alone with too many plants but none of them would dare to tell her that. Above the fireplace hung a series of photos, each showing Evelina through the years.

Her first day of school, her first of many student excellency diploma, her in the middle of her batizado, her sat in front of a cake with the '10' candles on them, her with a random older woman, her playing a young Eponine in a production of Les Mis, her with a black cat and '13' balloons behind her, her getting her third black belt in Karate, her hugging the king of Wakanda, her training with a member of the Dora Milaje, her taking her first shot, her secondary school graduation, her wearing traditional Sokovian garb and her in a club with a woman with her head turned.

They had deducted she had one for each year of her life, but there were only fifteen photos. There was no proof that she had lived before the age of seven on this wall. Zemo was visibly upset by the display and Bucky noticed the pain in his eyes.

Evelina rushed inside with some suits in hand and rushed out. "What are your clothing sizes?" The guys had looked at her as if she'd grown another grotesque head which led her to clarify. "I have a reputation in Madripoor and since you lot are coming with me I need to keep my best dressed award." The three nodded in sync as a way to say 'that makes sense' and listed off their sizes.

Eva ran back into the other room and Sam and Zemo went back to snooping the room. Bucky was occupied by the fluff ball that had rubbed up against his leg. He let a smile slip on to his face as he crouched and reached out to pet Alpine. He almost flinched back when he realized he put his metal arm out but was stopped when Alpine cuddled against it. Bucky's smile grew slightly as he continued to pet the Baronesses cat with an arm that had murdered hundreds of people.

"Okay, let's get going. I'm guessing the plane is in the airport and by the fact you are all here from Germany and weren't stopped by TSA for his metal arm." Evelina came back into the room with a large suitcase. As she quipped, she pointed at Bucky and paused for dramatic effect. "-and his lack of being in prison, it's a private one." She pointed at her father and he shrugged and nodded.

She ushered the guys out of her apartment faster than she invited them in and they were on their way to the airport in a minute.

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

"Oeznic, long time no see. How have you been?" Evelina greeted the bitter butler with sarcasm that rivalled the late Tony Stark. Oeznic grumbled and whispered to her father in Sokovian as he passed him. "De ce ai luat-o, cățeaua cea mică este inutilă." Eva was genuinely offended but she wouldn't let him know that.

"Tu știi că mai pot sa vorbesc Sokoviană?" Oeznic didn't hesitate to give her an 'I said what I said' look. Evelina looked at him, mouth agape and turned around to enter the plane, repeating the mantra. "Don't punch the old man, he's on his deathbed anyways." 

With Evelina's anger, Zemo's disappointment towards his staff and Bucky and Sam's confusion in relation to what just happened, to say that their several hour ride to Madripoor was going to be awkward would be an understatement.

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

A/N: Hey all. AAAAHHHHH. I can't with all the love and appreciation I've been getting on this book, 1.5K READS! It's astounding how many people have enjoyed this short book so far, I couldn't be more excited for you all to read what I have in mind. (;. Anyways, I ADORE EACH AND EVERY ONE, I HOPE YOU HAVE A FUCKING AMAZING DAY BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT AND DON'T FORGET TO EAT, DRINK WATER (NOT MONSTER OR COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF COFFEE) AND TAKE YOUR MOTHERFUCKING MEDICATIONS.

-Sincerely, Bee.