⋗𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐚𝐳𝐞𝐜𝐢 𝐬𝐢 𝐮𝐧𝐮, 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

⋗𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.- 𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝.⋖

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

The shock took a second to set in for the both of them as they panted, their faces just barely separated. "What was that?" Evelina whispered, darting her eyes between his and his lips. "I think we just kissed." Bucky responded, his metal hand still laid on her wrist, keeping it pressed to her chest, respectfully.

"I think I liked it."

"I think I liked it too."

Everything around the two stood still, in their eyes, it was only them. Nothing else mattered in that moment to them, not finding Zemo, not stopping Karli, not appeasing Sam or Sharon and most definitely not the fact the two had know each other less than a month and had fallen for each other so quickly.

The position they had found themselves in would've been incredibly shocking if anyone were to suddenly walk in to the room. Evelina's back was still to Bucky's chest but her head had been turned to face his, her free hand pressed on his chin, his flesh hand was idly placed on her waist while his metal one kept her other hand pressed tightly in to her chest from when he was still trying to contain her.

A minute had barely passed before they awkwardly separated but to them, the time they had spent in each others arms felt like an eternity. Neither of them could force their eyes to meet as they shuffled about, not knowing what to do.

"I'm gonna go get my things so we can catch my father." Clearing her throat, Eva interrupted their silence and excusing herself, running out the room before he could respond.

"Yeah, good idea." He mumbled to himself when he snapped out of his daze and began to grab the rest of his thing, oblivious to the fact that the moment Evelina reached her room and closed the door behind her she had slid down it with her head in her hands, questioning her entire existence.

Their short Wakandan plane trip from Latvia to the border of the ruins that once was Sokovia was invaded by a pregnant silence, one similar to the car ride they had when they'd first properly met. Neither of them dared to even utter a word whether it be on their plan of capture or what had happened earlier.

Ayo was the only one who had the guts to interrupt their heated silent staring contest, explaining the method they'd use to capture Zemo, sending Bucky in first to threaten him and if he didn't comply, Eva would be sent in to guilt him and emotionally manipulate the sly, untrustworthy man.

"I thought you'd be here sooner." Zemo quipped when he noticed Bucky appear in his peripherals. Still, his gaze was focused on the monument before them, there to commemorate all the Sokovian families that fell victim to Ultron and the Avengers' poor management of the situation they created in the first place.

First, Zemo simply glanced at the super soldier stood a few meters to his right before turning his entire body in his direction, just in time to finish his quip. " Don't worry. I've decided I'm not going to kill you." Bucky simply scoffed, eyes hard and gaze unwavering.

"Imagine my relief." He returned with more sarcasm and the obvious click of a gun, letting Zemo know that this time, unlike the others, he wouldn't let him escape. The former baron gulped audibly, deciding to change the subject and say what he needed to say before he lost his last chance to manipulate the emotionless man who was slowly clutching the gun in his right hand tighter and tighter.

"The girl has been radicalized beyond salvation. I warned Sam, but he didn't listen to me. He's as stubborn as Steve Rogers before him." Mentioning the late soldier was a low blow but Zemo needed to pull out all the stops, unfortunately for him, Bucky knew exactly what he was doing. "But you... They literally programmed you to kill. James, do what needs to be done. Karli has people everywhere, and there's only one way to make sure she cannot continue her mission."

Seemingly unaffected by his words, Bucky began. "I appreciate the advice, but we're gonna do it our own way." His response and cold exterior forced an echoed chuckle to come from Zemo, disguising his fear in fake calmness that was easier to see through than glass.

"Yeah. I was afraid you would say that." Zemo kept his head down and pointed away from Bucky, wishing for him to get over with it already. Bucky's jaw clenched further as he slowly raised the pistol in line with Zemo's eyes, cocking it before him so he knew it wasn't just a threat, but a promise.

Bucky's hand is shaking as Zemo simply nods. A little noise echoed off the gun when the trigger was pressed but there was no bullet, no pain, no sweet release of death. Just as Zemo registered what had just transpired, the other man took a step back, his metal left arm was placed forward as he opened his clasped hand letting the vibranium bullets trickle to the floor.

The clink of the bullets hitting the floor masked the sound of the Dora Milaje soldiers approaching from seemingly no where as Zemo accepted defeat and stared at the pieces of metal on the floor that was supposed to be the end of the long winded play he had singlehandedly written, composed and played in with the help of all the people he hurt in the process.

This devastating scene of a murderer showing his true colours was meant to be Zemo's magnum opus but now, it was just another skit in 'The Play that Goes Wrong'. With only a few seconds before he would be taken to a maximum security prison, Zemo spoke. "I took the liberty of crossing off my name in your book. I hold no grudges for what you thought you had to do. Goodbye, James."

For a second, Evelina pitied her father as calmly followed the warriors to the rest of his sad, empty life only to remember, he's the only reason why he's going there in the first place. Nothing other than his own hate and malice towards the people who inadvertently killed his wife and son, the only people he had loved in his life possessed him to take away other peoples' loved ones and so much more.

That man did not deserve her pity nor did he deserve her love. Too busy in her own thoughts, Eva only caught the end of Ayo and Bucky's conversation before the warrior took off without another word or glance to her. Slipping into the spot Ayo stood in, Bucky spoke the first words between them ever since their kiss.

"You'll regret not saying good bye to him."

"I won't regret it, I know that because I also know I won't regret what happened earlier. Ever."

And with that, Evelina began walking in the opposite direction off where the Wakandan ship had taken off, leaving Bucky to longingly stare after her shrinking form.

﹏☆✦⁂✂⁂✦☆﹏

A/N: Hey y'all, how y'all doin'? HUEGHJUNHUGERWHSGI SONDER HAS HIT 50K READS? I CRIED WHEN I SAW IT. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, YOU'RE ALL AMAZING PEOPLE FOR FEEDING MY HUMMONGOUS EGO. I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOUS BECASUE YOU'VE ALL BEEN SO INCREDIBLY KIND AND THOUGHTFULL AND NICE AND FUNNY AND I JUST LOVE YOU ALL.

Quick Question, would you all be down for a 50k special face reveal?

-Sincerely, Bee.