Garrett was next followed by Joel and finally Damien was last. I had a bad feeling about this, so far none of us had been eliminated. Damien worked his way across slowly until he was about to reach us, then the board disappeared. He managed to grab onto the edge of the rocky surface, clinging for dear life.

I grabbed his hand and started pulling up. We all grabbed a part of his body, hauling him up when a gust of wind hit us and knocked us back. I couldn't hold my grip on him and I heard his scream as he plummeted. I closed my eyes. Unable to comprehend what the fuck just happened.

"What the fuck was that?" Joel roared at Gabriel.

"Now, now, settle down. There were simply too many of you. Be prepared. At the end, there can only be one." He said with a large, creepy smile.

Rose's POV

"Aaaahhh!!!!!" I woke up with a scream. I felt like my insides were being torn apart.

"Ahhhh! A, wake up! Help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Everything made of glass around me shattered while the lights flickered.

"Rose?! What's wrong?!" I could hear his voice but he seemed so far away. I felt like a part of my soul was dying. Tears streamed down my eyes as I held my stomach, trying to breathe through the pain. Asmodeus held me as I screamed and cried almost all night until finally my cries turned into small sniffles.

"Don't say it." I whispered hoarsely to me.

"Rose-" he started.

"No! Don't fucking say it! If you say it, it will make it real! So don't you dare fucking say it!" I screamed in his face. He looked at me with pity before grabbing me and embracing me.

My screams picked back up until I felt myself faint from the stress.

Asmodeus's POV

I watched a passed out Rose finally get some sleep. She needed it, especially since one of her mates died. I hope that's the only one that dies, otherwise she'll likely go mad. I don't know what happened and I'm not sure I want to know.

My phone dinged and I looked down to see that Belphegor finally replied to my earlier text.

Me: you available to help me out with something

Belphy: no

Me: you sure about that? Or is it that you don't want to get off your ass

Belphy: I'm busy

Me: you're never busy

Belphy: well I am now

Okay Belphegor, my interest is now peaked. I was thinking about making an impromptu trip to his home when I heard Rose groaning again. I looked over from my phone and saw her face scrunched up in discomfort. I laid down fully and grabbed her to where I was spooning her. After a minute she seemed to relax in my arms. I sighed and closed my eyes. Hopefully she'll be better tomorrow. I prefer her when she's fiery, not like this.

I soon forgot about Belphegor and went to sleep.

Colten's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night and ran to check on the flower but the stupid plant hadn't sprouted yet. The soil seemed undisturbed.

"Hey have you heard from the others?" Max asked me. I guess he couldn't sleep well either. I shook my head, "no nothing. But is that so unusual?" I asked him.

"I guess not, it's only been a few hours. I just wish Rose were here." He said.

"Me, too." I replied.

I looked at the spot in the ground where the plant was supposed to grow and couldn't help but feel a growing anxiety.

"If we haven't heard from them by morning, let's go check on them, alright?" I told Max. He quickly agreed and I headed back to bed.

I lay awake thinking about how meeting Rose seems so far away. I can't believe she went from being a student to being my mate and I went from a being a teacher to being a father. I couldn't wait to hold my babies again.

Joel's POV

I looked at the mouth of the volcano in disbelief. There's no way that just happened right? It has to be a mind trick played by Gabriel.

"He's not dead, is he?" I asked him.

"Who knows?" He shrugged before ignoring me.

"So now it's time for the next trial! Each trial will be an elimination round until only one of you are left to complete the final trial. I think that sounds fair." He mused.

"Fair for who?" Garrett hissed out.

"Why fair for me of course. It shouldn't work out to where you pass so easily." He replied.

"What's the next trial?" I asked him. I needed to get my mind off of my beta and friend. Brent looked absolutely miserable and I could see tears streaming down his face.

"We're now going to go play with dragons." He said with a gleam in his eye. You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

He blasted us with his angelic light and we arrived at the mouth of a huge cavern. "Now hurry along! The last one left will be closed in with the dragons!"

I peeked into the cavern and it seemed pretty normal. Dirt walls, dirt ground, water dripping and there is probably a few bats in there. I find it hard to believe there would be dragons though. The three of us started walking in, looking around warily.

"Wait, do you hear that?" Garrett asked suddenly. We all stilled and towards the end of our trail I could hear breathing.

"We're not alone in here." I whispered. Brent nodded at me and we slowly crept forward, trying to quiet our steps. The further we walked, the louder the breaths until finally I almost ran into a scaly wall. It turns out the wall wasn't a wall, it was the ass of a dragon. I stopped just in time to prevent running into it. I started to walk around it when I hear "oomph" from behind me. I looked over to see Garrett running into the dragon. I started to pick up the pace to pass the dragon before it realized what was happening. I didn't get very far before I heard the sound of wings flapping.

"Run!" I shouted to the others. We started to run until I could see a sliver of light ahead.

"Ahhh! It's got my foot!" I hear Brent yell. I turn behind me to see the dragon with Brent's leg gripped by his teeth. I watched Garrett turn back to try to help him out. Garrett started swiping at the dragon's eye and I tried to shift into a wolf but I still don't have the ability. Fuck you, Gabriel. I pick up a rock and beat the dragon on the snout until it finally releases Brent's leg.

"Go! I'll distract him!" Garrett yells.

"No! We can figure something out, we can all exit at the exact same time." I told him.

"You think Gabriel will allow that? Go without me, I can hold my own here." He shouted at us.

Listening to his pleas, I help support Brent and we shuffle out of the cave. As soon as we exited, the rocks shifted, closing the exit behind us.

"Damn it!" Brent growled.

"Oh goody! Two of you actually made it through! Only 2 trials left!" Gabriel said.

"You bastard!" Brent shouted at him.

"Calm down, Brent. Don't you want the wish at the end? Then I suggest you don't insult me or you'll get nothing."

After that threat, Brent quieted down and I looked up at Gabriel and asked, "what's next?"