Approaching the Full Moon

Mason's POV

"What's the last thing you remember love?" I asked Rose.

"I remember getting ready to move with my parents to Oregon, after that it's kind of a blur." She timidly said.

"Unfortunately none of you made it to Oregon. Your parents died in a car crash and you survived but have bouts of memory loss. We met afterward when you were looking for an apartment to live in and I recognized you as my mate."

She gasped, "what do you mean mate? What is that?"

"I am a vampire sweetheart and you are a vampire and witch hybrid. A mate is a soulmate. That means that we are meant to be together" She gasped even louder this time and backed away from me.

"No! You're lying, I don't drink blood or boil shit in cauldrons!"

I chuckled at her reaction. "You had a seal placed on you as a baby, we were actually betrothed as infants. Our parents were friends. And no not the parents you knew, I'm talking about your birth parents." I took the opportunity to approach her and hold her soft hands. When she looked up at me with her emerald eyes I couldn't help but lean down and I placed a soft kiss on her pillowy lips. "Oh Rose, I know you don't remember but you're my mate and we can take things at your pace." She sighed against my mouth and opened her eyes to look into mine.

"Let's get some sleep and we can speak more in the morning. Come to bed love." I started to strip down to my boxers and noticed her trying to check me out subtly. I couldn't help the laugh that escaped me. Rose seemed to blush fiercely at my laughter. I hopped in the bed and patted the spot next to me. "Sleep now dear, I love you sweet Rose." When she climbed in the bed I wrapped an arm around her small waist and pulled her back tight to my front. I had to withhold a growl from feeling her soft ass against my cock. I buried my face in her hair and closed my eyes.

Brent's POV

"I'm tired of listening to your bitch ass snores back there Joel!" I heard Colten yell at his cousin for the umpteenth time. This SUV isn't big enough to deal with all this testosterone. The drive to Texas has been dragging on all night and we've barely approached the border. "Come on all of us are exhausted. Let's find a motel and call it for now and then one of you bitches can drive!" I yelled.

I pulled into the motel parking lot and headed to the front desk. I need 2 rooms with 2 beds, please." I asked the woman working the counter. She seemed a lot more interested in giving me fuck me eyes instead of my card keys. Ugh I don't need this right now.

"Come on and wake up woman!" Colten barked at the lady. She seemed to fall out of the trance and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"You're not getting a room for him are you?" She asked me.

"Nope, never met the guy." I winked at her and proceeded to pay.

Rose's POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. Slowly memories of last night started to surface. He's a ...vampire? How is that possible? And how am I some kind of hybrid? I need answers. I shimmied out of bed and padded to the bathroom. Let's see, the room is filled with woman's beauty products. I checked the closet which was also filled with clothes that were my size. Maybe he was telling the truth about me being his girlfriend? I just can't believe that not only am I with someone that gorgeous but I lost my parents. Mom.... Dad ..... I can't believe you're really gone. I decided to take a shower to try to rejuvenate myself. When I undressed in front of the mirror, I noticed a large hickey on my neck and a few fading ones on my breasts. I blushed thinking about having done things with this man. Wait. Am I still a virgin? I tried prodding at my intimate hole but realized that I wouldn't be able to tell either way. Shaking that thought out of my head I proceeded to shower.

When I finished, dried and dressed I decided to head downstairs to explore.

"Ahhh!" I squealed coming down the steps. Mason wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into his body. This man was all heat and stone. He grinned down at me and bent down to press a kiss to my lips. He nibbled at my bottom lip until I opened up for his tongue to slide inside. Kissing him was great. But that's the problem, I don't feel sparks. I feel lacking, like I'm forgetting something.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He inquired.

"Oh it's nothing. So what's for breakfast?" I shot him a tight smile. He looked into my eyes like trying to determine whether to push for more information but he must've decided against questioning me further. He took my small hand in his large hand and led me the rest of the way down.

"I have fruit and pancakes for you this morning." He guided me to the kitchen and sat me at a bar stool at the kitchen counter.

"We have something important to do tonight Rose. It's a full moon and we are going to break the seal that was placed on you as a baby."

I dropped my fork at his words. Am I really ready for this? Things will change so much and I just learned about all this supernatural stuff. "Am I ready?" I asked Mason.

He smiled at me, "of course, you were wanting to do this when I first told you about it."

"How do you know all this about me?" I questioned him.

"Like I said, our parents were good friends when we became betrothed, and your parents hired a witch to seal your powers. I don't know what the reason behind it is. But as soon as I told you what I knew you were saying that you want to be unsealed. That you felt a part of you wasn't whole or fulfilled."

All of a sudden, I wondered if the feeling I lacked during our kiss earlier had to do with my lack of powers. Suddenly I cheered up, "ok let's do it!" I smiled at him. For the first time since I woke up last night I feel joyful for something. For now I'll push my other questions aside and just enjoy today. When we unseal my powers then I'll worry about the next step. Besides I don't have anyone else, only Mason.