Spill the Tea

Rose's POV

The next morning we returned home and met up at Colten and Sophie's house. Sophie appeared this morning at the castle and said she wanted to talk to me about something. She patted the space next to her on the bed for me to sit. I give her a large grin and we hug when I plop down.

"How are you bestie?" I asked her. I feel like we've barely spoken lately.

She visibly heaved a sigh. "To be honest, things have been crazy. I've been sorta seeing someone."

I shriek, "who? Do I know him?"

"Sebastian, Mason's brother." I squealed loudly in her ears.

"How long have you two been seeing each other?" I asked. "How do you even know each other?"

"We met through Mason actually. When everything happened with Paul I visited the castle to get together with Mason and try to figure out where he disappeared to. I've been feeling responsible for everything that happened with dumbass Paul. Mason thinks he's a reaper and that we could summon him but to be fair, what would summoning him do? We got lucky that Mason took responsibility and negotiated his soul in place of yours. Luckier still that he only lost his vampirism and not his life. The last time I went to go meet with Mason, his brother was there and I'm not gonna lie, I thought he was so hot." She gave a self deprecating laugh, "you know me girl, I'm a sucker for hot guys. The difference is though that we have a lot more in common than I do with wolves. Seb doesn't care that I'm a hybrid when all other wolves think they're better than me. I think I'm falling in love with him Rose." She looked earnest as she poured her heart out to me. I pondered for a minute.

"What if you meet your mate Sophie? What will happen then?" I asked.

"Not everyone meets their mate. You were just lucky with your men. If Sebastian feels the same way as I do, then we can mark each other as chosen mates. We haven't spoken about it yet. To be honest, we've been pretty busy fucking like rabbits. Oh my god Rose he's so good in bed!" She squealed, hurting my ears from the high pitch of her excitement.

"Don't you think you should talk about it before you fall even further?" I question, worried that she'll end up hurt.

"I know what I'm doing. I just don't think it's time to talk about it yet, we've only known each other for about a month. Dating is different when you're not fated mates."

"You're right. I don't know much about traditional dating, I've only ever had one boyfriend before at my old school and we never did more than kiss. We actually broke up because I was moving. It's funny how things worked out with me having mates."

"So I spilled my tea. Tell me all about your babies and what the witch said! Colten told me you're having twins! I can't wait to be an aunt. I'm going to spoil the shit out of them." She laughed. I told her all about what I learned from Abigail.

"I can't believe you're some crazy shit like a fallen. I've never even heard that term before." Sophie said.

"I know right? I don't feel like I have some secret holy powers within me, though I do have that birthmark that she mentioned. I haven't even come across anything that is a demon. At least I don't think I have." I told her.

"Well I mean Max is technically a demon. You know. A sex demon." I gaped at what she just told me.

"Are you sure? I mean he doesn't seem demon like. Aren't they supposed to be evil? Why would I be mated to one?"

"To be honest, I have no idea how you're even mated to him in the first place. But the sparks don't lie. But girl don't worry, he's been nothing but good to you right? I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure that he would've tried something by now if he was trying to get rid of you." I think Sophie is right. He's been very good to me, even waiting before we had sex with each other. I'm going to choose to believe in the mate bond. I must be mated to each of these men for a reason.

"You're right," I told her, "he's been really great. We must be mated for a reason."

"So quit your worrying!" She yelled, giving me a play smack on my arm. Then she continued, "by the way, I can't believe you're already starting to show! You've got a cute little bump. Imagine how big you're going to get!" Thanks a lot for that visual. I shuddered at the thought.

*knock, knock, knock*

"Go away! We're having girl time!" Sophie yelled towards the door.

"I need to talk to Rose!" I heard Max yell through the door. Well that's perfect timing.

"It's ok Sophie, I need to talk to him anyway and now is a perfect time. I promise we'll talk more soon." I hugged her and strode to the door, opening it to the sight of this beautiful man.

"Hey beautiful, can I get your number?" He winked playfully at me.

"No way, I'm a taken woman, sir." I stuck my tongue out at him. He laughed and leaned down to give me a quick smooch.

"Take the PDA elsewhere!" Sophie yelled at us while hitting Max on the side of the head with a thrown pillow. He glared at her and looped his arm through mine, escorting me downstairs and to the backyard. We strolled down the short pathway and to the edge of the pool. He helped me sit and then removed my shoes for me so I could dip my feet in the water. Damn what a gentleman. There's no way he's evil. I looked up at him and saw nothing but love in his eyes.

"I love you Max." I told him before reaching for his face to caress his cheek.

"I love you too baby." He replied huskily. Mmm his voice just does things to my insides.

We looked into each other's eyes until he leaned down and brushed his lips against mine. Mmm. Fuck.

"I wanted to talk to you about something Rose. I know that we just got the news yesterday about you being a fallen and I wanted to assure you that I have no interest in war or anything like my brethren. I love you and I'd die before I let anything happen to you and our children. Before you I was just going through the motions each day, partying and living it up but now that I've had you, I know that it was a pathetic life devoid of real emotion and happiness. Always and forever baby, and not a day less." By the time he finished I had to wipe away a few tears.

"I'm so lucky to have you." I chuckled through the tears. He looked at me with softness, "no baby, I'm lucky to have you, you saved me." We held each other's hand and watched the clouds pass us by while I softly kicked my feet underneath the surface of the pool. Life with my mates may not be perfect, but it's perfect enough for me. Next step, get through graduation.