Chapter 53: 'Growth'

Start from the beginning

In search for answers, I stumbled upon a series of text messages on Crystal's phone between her and McNabb and the messages revealed their plans to meet up at an Air Bnb.

I directly confronted her about her situation with McNabb when she came home from her new job, Seastone, and Yow!

Ooman wicked enuh.

To my disappointment, she didn't even deny it, confirming the truth of my suspicions and leaving me to deal with the devastating reality of the situation.

The loss of Crystal was a devastating blow to me, as she was not only my girlfriend but also the love of my life. In the aftermath of our break-up, we had intimate moments, but it was clear that these moments were fleeting and didn't signal the rekindling of our relationship.

Crystal left me to struggle to move forward and pick up the pieces of my shattered heart, and she left me to confront the harsh reality that the woman I loved is wrapped around the fingers of my competitor in the business world.

• 𝑲𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒂 𝑲𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒂𝒉 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒔' 𝑷𝑶𝑽 •
|| 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟗 @  𝟏𝟐:𝟓𝟕𝐩𝐦 ||

***

Today, I made the decision to close my salon earlier than usual in order to attend my 17-week prenatal appointment. As my pregnancy progresses, my tummy is growing and becoming increasingly noticeable, a tangible sign of the life growing inside of me.

The excitement of seeing my little one growing inside me is indescribable but I felt blessed enough to experience this miracle of life.

As I lay down on the ultrasound scanning bed, I gently rub my expanding tummy, feeling a rush of love and excitement for my little one. The familiar routine of the appointment then began, with Dr. Allen applying the cool, clear gel to my belly. I watched as she took her seat in front of the machine and then moved the wand across my skin.

As Dr. Allen continued to run the wand over my tummy, she started to ask me questions about my health and well-being, making sure everything was going smoothly with my pregnancy. I answered her questions eagerly, my attention divided between our conversation and the image of my baby, Peanut, on the screen.

"There's your baby," Dr. Allen said with a smile, pointing to the image on the screen. "So precious."

I gazed at the image, taking in the sight of my little one and feeling my heart swell with love.