Chapter 20: 'Curious'

𝑲𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒂 𝑲𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒂𝒉 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒔 || 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟖 @  𝟒:𝟐𝟔𝐩𝐦 ||

|| 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟖 @ 𝟒:𝟐𝟔𝐩𝐦 ||

***

While Kairon spoke to my mother on the cellphone, i took the groceries out of the vehicle .

He offered a hand but i declined.

Taking last bag of groceries out of the trunk, i close it with my elbow and walked towards the door that's lead to interior of the building.

I then closed the door with my foot and made my way to the kitchen .

I found Kairon propped in the couch listening to my mother speaking, with my phone rested on the coffee stand and his phone in hand, maneuvering over the screen.

He raised his eye brows when a notification chimed in and quickly masked it.

Hmmm.

I placed the groceries on the counter top and started to unpack them, putting them in their respective areas.

"Weh yuh say you did wah talk to me bout me son." My mother said, emphasizing on the son.

I glanced at Kairon and caught him looking over at me. He told my mother that he'll talk to her about it another time and give her his cellphone number.

The call then hung up and he marched over to me.

"So babes." He started.

I stopped packing and looked up at him.

"Me know me did say we a spend the whole day together today but me ago a quick run wid Kiers to Ragsdale yer.

and a the branch ina Kingston so it nah take more than 30 minutes."

I hissed my teeth and continue what i was doing.

"Karissa."

"So this cah put off till another day? A wah so urgent?" I asked, putting the cereal box back on the counter and folding my arms.

Dangerously AttachedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara