Chapter 27: Tonight Is Gonna Be The Loneliest (Part 1)

*A/N & ⚠️Slight Trigger Warning⚠️: This chapter will be in Jungkook's POV right after he demands to know of Ae-Cha's true feelings for Yoongi and how he is going to cope with it. There will also be a flashback scene to Seol-A's funeral and once they arrive to finally lay her to rest in the cemetery. We will see a different side of Yoongi and Jungkook, at the very height of their grief. I was inspired to write the flashback scene after hearing "THE LONELIEST" by Maneskin on the radio as I was driving. Then, when I watched the music video on YouTube, the inspiration was just oozing out. The trigger warning is for the way Yoongi and Jungkook's grief will play out (it will be physical and emotional for the both of them).

(Jungkook's POV)

       I angrily walked away from Ae-Cha and the rest of the guys, my heart feeling as if it was being ripped out of my chest. My chest was panging and aching as I was wrestling with myself. I stopped walking right in my tracks as I could've sworn I had seen Seol-A's silhouette standing in at the front door. The pain and grief was beginning to overwhelm me--flashbacks of the accident, hearing Seol-A's screams meshed with the squealing of tires rang in my ears as if it was happening all over again. Then, my mind refocused and I pictured Ae-Cha...sweet, beautiful Ae-Cha.

    I thought Ae-Cha and I could've been... I thought to myself as I walked towards the front door.

    "Ae-Cha..." I cried as I grabbed the handle and pushed the door wide open. "Why?! Why did you have to choose him?!"

     Hot tears streamed down my cheeks as I walked through the front door of the Min mansion. All of a sudden, the sky opened up and rain started to pour down from the Heavens themselves. As the rain began to drench me completely, I dropped down to my knees and screamed. Trying getting rid of the anger, the frustration, the grief, the fear, the loss of Seol-A and now...my loss of Ae-Cha--the one woman who was giving me hope of feeling true happiness again. The hope was now vanished into thin air, like a puff of smoke...never to be seen again.

     All of a sudden, felt Namjoon and Jin wrap their arms around me and lift me up off of the ground.

    "Jungkook, it's going to be okay," Namjoon said sternly, but reassuringly.

    "Jungkookie, let's get you out of here." Jin added in. The rain started to pour even harder and I could hear thunder roaring above us.

     I immediately turned around and shoved them both away from me. I felt as though I was literally on the brink of exploding, I couldn't keep myself in check anymore...and I didn't give a damn.

     "LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "IT'S ALL HIS FUCKING FAULT!"

*flashback to Seol-A's funeral*

       I walked into the funeral home, my heart, mind and body numb--only a feeling of guilt remained. Despite there being a crowd filled into the main viewing room, it felt devoid of any real grief. I swallowed hard as I made my way up to Seol-A's casket, tears running down my cheeks. I didn't want to believe that any of this was real.

      This has to be a nightmare and I've got to wake up. As I stood in front of the closed casket, adorned with beautiful pink and purple flowers and a smiling picture of Seol-A, the pain and anguish came rushing forward.