Chapter 1: A New School

(Ae-Cha's POV)

As I sat at the kitchen table with my dad, my younger brother Ji-Hoon and my younger sister Na-Bi, my mind wandered and I fantasized about what my new high school will be like.

I wonder if it'll hold up to the rumors I've heard? I thought to myself. Will it actually live up to the expectations that were set upon its foundation? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Park-Sil Academy is an elite high school for the rich and upper class elite. When I took the entrance exam for Park-Sil Academy, I didn't expect to actually get in. My teachers were so proud of me, as were my parents--so much so that my parents moved us into a new apartment before the start of a new semester--which was just a few weeks ago.

The few friends I had back home were sad that I was leaving, but at the same time, they were also excited for me as well and wished me the best of luck--except for one person--but I'll touch more on that in a bit.

I also wasn't super thrilled about having to start over from scratch and be 'the new kid'. I'm coming from a small town high school of 120 students to an enormous, ritzy academy of 1,000 students. To say it was going to be an adjustment was an understatement.

"Ae-Cha, aren't you excited that you're starting at Park-Sil Academy?" My mom asked excitedly.

"Yes, I am." I replied. "I'm excited."

"Big sissy is going to rich school?" Na-Bi asked, cooking her head to the side.

"Yes she is, and maybe one day when you're older, Na-Bi, you could go there too." My mom said sweetly.

"That's right," my dad added in.

"Nope!" Na-Bi replied as she shook her head with an ornery grin on her face. We all chuckled, except for my younger brother, Ji-Hoon. He wasn't too happy about the move at all, let alone leaving all of his friends back home behind.

"I don't see why we all had to move," Ji-Hoon grumbled. "If it's such an elite school, why couldn't Ae-Cha just live there instead?"

My dad immediately responded with smacking him on the back of his head. Ji-Hoon groaned and rubbed the back of his head with his hand, wincing slightly.

"Ouch..." Ji-Hoon sighed.

"Ji-Hoon, your sister tested into one, if not the most prestigious high school throughout the nation. If we were to pass up this opportunity for her it could've been a huge mistake." My dad said in a stern tone. "Can you imagine the opportunities and experiences that this school has to offer not just her, but our family as well?"

"Tch," Ji-Hoon hissed as he glared over at me. I stared right back at him, not even daring to blink.

I have to make Ji-Hoon feel a little bit better, somehow. I thought to myself.

"Ji-Hoon, maybe you'll meet a girl at your new middle school." I said teasingly as I winked at him.

"Ha ha," Ji-Hoon responded in a sarcastic tone. "Very funny coming from the one who had a one-sided crush on Felix for five years."

My heart started racing at the mention of Felix's name--and not in a good way either. Memories of Felix played throughout my mind, all of our fun times together throughout our friendship. All of the fun trips to the amusement park, coffee 'dates' and everything in between. One day though, Felix and I decided to try something different and well...we lost our virginities to one another. After that, it was a friend's with benefits relationship.

Then, the day I decided to confess my feelings for him several months ago, everything changed. I decided to get the courage and tell Felix how I truly felt-and that I wanted to be more than just friends; I wanted to be more than just friends with benefits. However, that completely backfired. He didn't reciprocate my feelings and gave me the cold shoulder. In the end, I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. He then treated me as if I didn't even exist. He blatantly ignored me at school, walking by me as if I was invisible to him...and it broke my heart. He never even responded to my calls or text messages after that. I felt as if our overall friendship and our sexual relationship meant nothing to him at all--and I felt discarded like a piece of garbage. Even though I could feel myself moving on from him, I found myself missing the friendship we had.