Chapter 4: The Game Escalates

(Ae-Cha's POV)

I woke up with a big smile on my face, looking forward to seeing Jungkook. I quickly got out of bed and got dressed, putting on my uniform as quick as I could. As I walked through the apartment, I realized it was just Na-Bi, Ji-Hoon and I in the apartment. I saw a note from our parents that they left on the fridge.

I quietly read it aloud to myself: Good morning kids! We both had to be at work earlier than usual this morning. We will see the three of you when we both get home. All three of you have a great day at school! We love you three! ~Mom & Dad

I set the note down on the kitchen counter and made my way into the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and put my hair up into a ponytail. I smiled at myself in the mirror.

"Today is going to be a good day, Ae-Cha." I said as my reflection stared right back at me. I glanced over at my makeup bag on the shelf just above the toilet. I nodded and reached over, grabbing the bag and opening it.

You know what, I'm putting on makeup today. I thought to myself. I grabbed my foundation, eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, and blush. I usually don't wear makeup a whole lot, but...given the circumstances, I figured that putting on some makeup would help me feel just a little bit better.

"Self-love is the best love," I muttered to myself as I began to put on my foundation. I blended it in, making sure it was smoothly blended in. Then, I began putting on my eyeliner, which was a blackish brown color. Once I was done with that, I opened up my eyeshadow, which had different hues of brown and gold; the color complimented my hazel eyes perfectly, really making them pop. After I was done with that, I began putting on my mascara and then I finished up by putting on a very light amount pink blush. It gave my cheeks just a light pink hue.

I smiled at myself in the mirror, happy that I decided to put my makeup on. I started to put my makeup back up in the bag and set it back on the shelf. Then, I could hear Ji-Hoon banging on the bathroom door.

"Come on, Ae-Cha. Do you seriously have to hog the bathroom?" Ji-Hoon groaned. I rolled my eyes, sighed heavily and opened up the door. I stared directly at Ji-Hoon, who had clearly just rolled out of bed.

"I'm done, it's all yours." I replied. Ji-Hoon said nothing as I walked around him, allowing him to get in the bathroom.

"What's with the makeup today?" Ji-Hoon laughed. "You trying to impress someone?"

"Oh wouldn't you like to know." I groaned. I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulders.

"Ji-Hoon, sissy made herself pretty...you leave her alone meanie." Na-Bi chimed in sleepily, as she walked into the kitchen. I bent down towards her, holding up my palm to her.

"Give me five," I muttered quietly. Na-Bi smiled and slapped my hand with hers. I stood back up and smiled down at her. "Thanks, Na-Bi."

"No problem!" Na-Bi exclaimed. She then motioned for me to bend down and I did so.

"I think bubby has a girlfriend," Na-Bi whispered.

"Oh?" I snickered.

"Mhm! She's really nice, and I like her. She gives me lollipops when she and bubby walk me to school. He also smiles more now."

"That's nice," I whispered.

"Are you gonna get a boyfriend?" Na-Bi asked bluntly.

I could immediately feel my cheeks reddening at Na-Bi's question.

"Umm...I don't know." I replied.