Chapter 11: The Sniffles & Apologies

(Ae-Cha's POV)

As Yoongi came back into the infirmary, he had all of my belongings as well as his. I was still completely confused as to what was going on. None of this made any sense.

Why is he being so nice to me all of a sudden? I asked myself.

Before I could even blink or do anything at all, Yoongi scooped me up in his arms and carried me out of the infirmary.

"What are you doing?!" I exclaimed. "Put me down!"

"You're in no shape to walk." Yoongi replied nonchalantly. "You could barely stand once you got off of the bed."

"Tch," I muttered. "You're unbelievable. Do you think this is going to lead to a road of redemption for you?"

Yoongi smirked and said nothing as we walked through the front door of the school. Leaving thousands of nosy and curious eyes gazing at the spectacle that the two of us were.

The second that we arrived at Yoongi's car, my mouth dropped open--it was an all black, Hyundai Palisade. He gently set me down by the passenger door, keeping me steady and opened the door for me.

"Get in," Yoongi grumbled.

I carefully got in, quickly buckling myself in. Then Yoongi shut the door behind me. He walked around and got in on the driver's side buckling himself in. I examined the super clean, tidy interior--the features in it were very high tech and up to date--and its much more up-to-date than my family's beat up Toyota Camry. Within seconds I started sneezing and coughing like crazy; I immediately covered my mouth and nose. Once my coughing and sneezing episode was over, I slowly turned to face Yoongi, who was staring at me intensely.

"Umm...tissue?" I mumbled under my hands. Yoongi opened his center console, handing me a napkin. I grabbed ahold of it from his hand and I quickly wiped off my hands and my face. All the while, Yoongi's eyes never left me. After I was done, I crumbled up the napkin and held it in my hand, not even daring let it touch a single surface except for my hand. Then, Yoongi started his Hyundai Palisade and backed up out of his parking spot.

"You can turn left--" I started to say. My voice trailed off as Yoongi made a right turn, heading in the opposite direction. "Where are we going?"

"I'm going to pick you up some medicine." Yoongi responded.

"Wait--you're what?!" I exclaimed, my mind riddled with shock.

"Don't get used to this, alright?" Yoongi growled. "Clearly you need more than just Tylenol to cure whatever it is you've got going on."

"Hmph," I grunted as I folded my arms across my chest. I leaned my head against the car window, looking at the town as we drove by. Once Yoongi reached a local pharmacy market, he parked and got out of his Palisade.

"Stay put," Yoongi said sternly.

"Yeah, like I'd get out and run. You said yourself I'm not even in good enough condition to walk..." I groaned.

Yoongi smirked as he shut the door and headed inside the pharmacy. I just looked out the window, staring at the sky above me. After a few minutes, Yoongi came out of the pharmacy carrying a small plastic bag that was full of all kinds of boxes. He opened the door and quickly got back in his Palisade.

He handed the bag back over to me and I slowly took it away from him. Our fingers touched, only for a brief moment. However, in that brief moment, there was a spark or something that jolted between our fingers. I shook my head and pressed my lips together. Yoongi pressed his lips together and sighed heavily.