Burned Alive

Leaning against the window of Matt's truck, Ryan stares out with a blank look on her face

Allison: "Help me! Ryan, please, help me! Help me, please! Ryan!"

Hearing the sound of a door close she snaps out of her daze, looking up to see the firehouse. Releasing a sigh, she grabs her bag, heading towards the entrance as Matt watches her with a soft look on his face, nodding at Kelly who comes up beside him

Kelly: "How'd she do last night?"

Matt: "Fell asleep for about an hour. Then just paced around the rest of the time." he shrugs, the pair exchanging a sigh before heading inside

Standing in the briefing room, Boden and Chief Richardson watch as Ryan passes by the room, the others watching in silence with soft looks on their faces

Boden: "This is ridiculous."

Richardson: "Wallace..." he sighs

Boden: "You and I know well enough that she did nothing wrong. This entire investigation is pointless."

Richardson: "Nobody said she did anything wrong. We're just looking to gather the facts" he assures, nodding to a table as the pair take a seat "Why don't we start with you. When were you first made aware of what was happening?"

Boden: "A few days before. Sergeant Voight and Detective Riley from Intelligence came over. Wanted all of us to be aware of the situation and to be on the lookout."

Flashback

Arya: "Completely wrong answer. That might be the most wrong thing you could've ever said." she declares, entering the briefing room with Theo beside her, gaining the others attention as they turn to face the pair

Theo: "I could for sure survive a gorilla."

Arya: "No, you can't" she scoffs "Gorillas can literally rip a door off. It'll snap you like a twig, no problem."

Theo: "Yeah, but they're pretty peaceful unless provoked. Just don't go near them or provoke them and you're all good."

Arya: "It's not about what's less likely to kill you. It's about what's easier to avoid. Just find a cold room and sit your ass down."

Theo: "So, you're telling me you'd spend 24 hours in a freezer?"

Arya: "The adrenaline would help keep me warm."

Theo: "And who's to even say that they won't take the risk and come attack you? There's 7 of them."

Arya: "Who's to say the gorilla won't attack you. You don't know what they perceive as a threat or provoking."

Mouch: "Uh...what?"

Hermann: "What are you two talking about?"

Theo: "It's a daily question we saw on the way over."

Arya: " Which you answered completely wrong."

Theo: "Would you rather be stuck in a mall for 24 hours with a gorilla or 7 black mambas. I say gorilla."

Arya: "And I say, you're wrong."

Theo: "You can't see where the black mambas are at. I can look and see the gorilla, boom, know where it is."

Arya: "You know how you said you can see the gorilla? He can see you back!" she exclaims, the pair continuing to go back and forth "Ri-Riley. Help me out here" she hums, looking at Joseph who moves to the front of the room "Would you rather be stuck with a gorilla or snakes?"

Joseph: "Uh...neither." he shrugs, softly waving at Dawson as the pair share an awkward glance

Arya: "That wasn't an option." she huffs, shaking her head