Where The Collapse Started

Ryan: "So, you're really going for it, huh? Becoming a foster parent."

Dawson: "Yep. Paperwork is all done, aside from a background check. And I already started parenting classes. Just need Chief to write a letter of recommendation for me and hopefully it'll all work out."

Ryan: "Why not just have Joseph speed up the background check for you?"

Dawson: "I might've..." sighing she shakes her head "I might've given him the impression that the only reason why I said yes to his proposal was because he's already a foster parent."

Ryan: "Ooh."

Dawson: "Yeah."

Ryan: "And is it? The only reason you said yes?"

Dawson: "Of course not. I-I love him. That's no question."

Ryan: "But?"

Dawson: "But...I'd be lying if I said the thought didn't cross my mind."

Ryan: "Hmm. Well, then you've gotta ask yourself. If this whole thing with Louie doesn't pan out, would you still want to get married to Joseph? If even a hint of hesitation crosses your mind...you've got your answer." she hums, giving Dawson a soft look as she enters the locker room, Dawson stopping in her steps as she sighs

Stepping out of the shower area, Arya wraps a towel around her body, running a hand down her hair as she moves over to her locker

Arya: "Morning guys." she greets Hermann and Mouch who enter the room

Hermann: "Let me guess, Ryan and the twins used up all the hot water again?"

Arya: "Eh, not this time" she chuckles, running a brush through her hair "First watch was out on calls all night so Brett and I took their last call. Shift hasn't even started yet and already I've been projectile vomited on."

Mouch: "And you still think paramedics are better than firefighters?"

Arya: "Oh, all the way." she snickers, grabbing hold of her clothes

Shutting her locker she moves her hair to one side of her neck, showing a large mark on her back which makes Mouch perk up, thinking for a moment before his face drops and eyes widen in shock

Hermann: "What?" he hums, noticing the look on Mouch's face

Mouch: "What, what?"

Hermann: "What's that look for?"

Mouch: "Ok, so you remember when the fertility clinic I...volunteered my sperm at had a leak in the system?"

Hermann: "Of course. Found out you had a daughter."

Mouch: "Yeah, but the lady at the clinic said that my sperm had been used to conceive more than one kid."

Hermann: "And...?"

Mouch: "I'm pretty sure I just found my other kid."

Hermann: "Who?" he scoffs, watching as Mouch looks over at Arya's locker "What, Hayes? She looks nothing like you."

Mouch: "But we have the same birthmark. Ok, not to mention we like the same type of things."

Hermann: "Hayes isn't your daughter, Mouch."

Mouch: "But what if she is? I mean I know she doesn't talk much about her family but from what I can tell she doesn't know who her father is. It's...it's possible."

PA: "Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61: structure fire..."

Hermann: "She's not your kid, Mouch." he hums, patting Mouch on the back as he turns to hurry out the room