The Nuclear Option

Joseph: "And 3 more...2...1...and...done." he counts, stopping the time on his stopwatch as Ryan flops onto her back, heavily panting

Ryan: "I seriously feel like you're trying to kill me."
Joseph: "I should put that as one of my slogans." he chuckles, handing her a bottle of water

Ryan: "Aren't you supposed to be going easy on me? I mean what happened to your whole spewl about not wanting to put too much strain on me?"

Joseph: "I believe you followed that up with "whatever gets me back into fighting shape quicker" he hums, making her scoff as she lies back on her back "Look it may not feel like it but this method is working. I mean just 2 months after your surgery and you're already at the level that most people reach when they hit the 6 month mark. Jumping right into things does have its benefits."

Ryan: "Uh huh. Not really feeling the benefits right about now."

Joseph: "You will when you pass your physical and get reinstated back to Squad."

Ryan: "True" she nods, turning her head when hearing incoming footsteps to see Matt enter the room "Hey. What are you doing here? I thought you had breakfast with Christie and Violet?"

Matt: "That's actually what I need to talk to you about. Mind if I borrow her for a minute?"

Joseph: "Sure thing. 5 minute break then we'll hit the pool for a cool down."

Ryan: "Can't wait" she groans, holding her hand out for Matt to grab hold of, helping her into a sitting position "What's wrong?"

Matt: "Get this...Christie and Jim have jammed Violet into some huge public school in Logan Square where they now live."

Ryan: "When did that happen?"

Matt: "It must've been recently, but Christie never said anything about it. I should know this stuff. I'm a terrible brother." he sighs, lowering his head

Ryan: "Hey, no, you're not. You are a great brother." she assures, caressing his face

Matt: "Christie and Jim are basically broke. They've got to get their act together, you know?"

Ryan: "I know, but-"

Matt: "I tried to offer help, money or something but she's...embarrassed? Proud? I don't know. Maybe you can talk to her?"

Ryan: "I don't..."

Matt: "I didn't always have Christie in my life. Mom brought us back together, because she wanted us to be there for each other, and I don't feel like I've held up my end of the bargain."

Ryan: "Okay, um, well, if Christie's too proud to take the money, give it to Jim."

Matt: "Thank you." he nods, squeezing her shoulders

Ryan: "Mmh."

Matt: "How's PT going?"

Ryan: "Dawson was not kidding when she said he's hardcore."

Matt: "Hmm."

Ryan: "Please save me." she pouts, throwing her head onto his chest which makes him break out into a laugh

Matt: "Oh, you poor baby."

Matt: "She called him babe. I think it's a safe bet they're sleeping together." he scoffs, pacing the locker room

Ryan: "I mean, you're probably right, but maybe Christie already knows."

Matt: "Maybe. I don't like it."

Ryan: "Look, I wouldn't read too much into this. Divorce makes people act crazy."

Matt: "That's my point. Something's up. And what do we really know about Jim anyway? I want to check this guy out. Let's get Genevieve involved."