Chapter 41: A New Friend

The driver that had picked Emma and I up from the airport drove us from the glass building to Peter's estate

The driver that had picked Emma and I up from the airport drove us from the glass building to Peter's estate. We passed through a guarded gate and through what seemed like endless grassy fields on a single tree lined road.

We approached what, in all honestly, one could only describe as a castle. Emma stared out the window as we approached the enchanting building. Neither of us knew what to expect as none of our contacts had ever stepped foot on the premises. 

The driver, whose name we learned was William, opened the door for us and we filed out onto the cobblestone driveway. He grabbed out luggage and led us into the castle, bringing us to a room beside the garden.

"Room" William pointed to us and then to the two beds. I smiled and thanked him as he set our bags down and walked out, shutting the doors behind him.

"I can't believe this is happening" Emma whispered as she looked around the room. It was large, and nice, considering it was for two maids. Crown molding lined the ceiling and a white stone fireplace was set on the other side of the room. The entire space was earthy yet regal. An interesting combination, but it worked surprisingly well.

"Tell me why I imagined us having a bucket for a bathroom" I joked as Emma placed her finger against the mirror. There was a marble bathtub as well as a separate shower, two sinks, and a working toilet - no bucket in sight.

"I'll admit, this is much nicer than I expected too." Emma agreed.

After combing our room for cameras and microphones, we unpacked our suitcases and texted Matteo to tell him that we had made it.

"Just got here. The room is much nicer than

we expected. Really tired from the flight,

missing you already."

- Me, 5:42 PM

"Good to hear. Miss you too. "

- Mom, 5:42 PM

I placed my phone on the charger and sat on one of the beds, only to stand back up to the sound of a knock on the door.

"Come in" I called out.

The door slowly opened to reveal Peter and a tall, skinny man behind him.

"I trust that you've made yourselves at home?" Peter glanced at our open suitcases and my eyes followed, landing for a quarter of a second on a pair of panties that had fallen onto the ground beside it. I felt my face warm just as Emma spoke.

"Yes, thank you so much. This room is much nicer than we could have imagined."

"No need to thank me." Peter stepped aside. "This is Arthur, aside from myself, he is the only one here who knows English here, so he will be helping you get situated. I will leave you three to get acquainted."