Chapter 22

Ruby's POV.

I plugged in my heavy duty headphones into my IPad, cranking up to full volume. I played This Is Gospel through the thin wires of the headphones. I flinched at the loudness of the music as the headphones started to vibrate in utter loudness of the bass. I extended my long, large, watery wings. A thumbs up was displayed in front of me. This was it. A thumbs up from me would mean excruciating pain for a good hour., but I would be able to soar through the sky, feel the clouds pass through my fingers once more. A thumbs down would save me from the pain, but crush my dreams of making the Mystics ultimate flying squad. It was now or never. My hand was clenched. I raised it. My thumb was poised. My heart was racing. Sweat beaded down my face. My breath quickened.

Thumbs up. Let's do this.

Jack stroked my wing up and down gently. He placed his hands firmly onto the bone. I flinched at the touch of his hand, wincing in the pain it still caused in my wing. I felt a small tug on my wing, increasingly becoming stronger as I braced myself for the pain. The tug became stronger and stronger. Tears welled in my eyes. The muscle underneath ripped. Causing me to shriek quietly in pain. I bit my lip with force, causing it to bleed extremely heavily. My headphones fell off my head. The sound of the ripping of muscle crowded my ears. A snap was heard and I shrieked unbearably in pain. I passed out.

I woke up in a Forrest. The trees shone a vibrant green as they swayed silently up in the night sky. The Stars twinkled brightly by the moon which shone like my mothers eyes. The trunks of the trees were a chocolate brown with a rough, sharp texture. The floor of the Forrest was covered in Amber leaves that crunched under my feet as I walked over them. Small critters like Vibrant red squirrels crawled into the leaves, scavenging for nuts.

"Ruby?" A echo called to me.

A woman in a white dress walked to me. Her hair was short and uneven because of hair loss from chemotherapy. Small daisies laced her strands of hair on her head. Her dress was pure white with an lace front and a silk bottom. Her flats were white with small coronations on the tips. Her makeup was natural, revealing her face which I loved so much. It was my mother.

"M-mum? Mummy?" A single tear dripped down my face. I loved her and I begged to see her again.

"Hi, honey." She said as she wrapped me in her arms, hugging me tightly.

"Where am I?" I asked curiously.

"Your not dead, nor are you alive. You're in the space in-between." She said.

"How come your here?" I asked between small sobs whilst I hugged her.

"I have come to warn you." She said with a dark time of horror to her voice. Something wasn't right.

"What?"

"A prophecy states that someone will be taken away against their will, but then it will become their will. The shall turn evil along with 2 others. The sun will collide with the moon. The only way they can be rescued from a eternity of darkness in the heart is to reminded of the ones they love. This will only word if they are physically in contact with at least 11 other people they love. Remember this. It may help you." She smiled warmly as I clutched her tightly.

She slowly faded. I panicked as she kissed my head

"Mummy? Mum?! Mum?! Come back!" She was nearly gone and tears of agony rolled down my cheeks. "Mummy!? I love you!" I yelled in depression. I wanted her back. I needed her. She was keeping me sane, and I was no one without her.

"I love you too. And I will always be in your heart. me and your brother." A glow came from my heart. I sobbed to myself as she disappeared into the void.

I woke up in agony. Tears rolled down my face. I saw that my wing was bandaged in a tight strain and felt painful but comfortable once again. I remembered what happened. No one was around but I heard the muttering of Alex and the boys outside the rooms. I sobbed quietly into a pillow, my heart decaying every single breath I took

"Mummy, jack... I wish you were here." A tear rolled down my face and onto my chest.

A small glow came from the room. I didn't take notice as it was just a light. A gentle hand held my right hand in reassurance. My left hand was held in the same way, but with a firmer and more stronger grip.

"Hi honey." A small voice said. I looked to my right. My mother lay down beside me as a large masculine figure to my left. My mum and brother were here, in normal clothes. I jumped up and hugged them as I sobbed harder.

"Guys! How are you *sniff* here!? Your dead! How are you here? I love you so much an-" my brother cut me off.

"We said we'd always be in your heart. We are.and you can see us, and everyone you know can see us, but no one else can." My brother said. He stilled smelt of his cologne he wore to work every single day. His hair was spiked up perfectly.

"We have powers! We have healing powers!" They did a little jazz hands.

"He he! *sniff*" I said unsteadily. "Oh! I need you to meet some people! Their the ones who are taking me to see all my friends!" I lead them out of the shack onto the deck.

"This is mark and jack (and you obviously know Alex)" my brother stood along with my mother in-approvingly. "They have powers." Hey looked a bit more reassured but not much.

"Hmm. I want to talk to you. Both." Jack, my brother said sternly. Seeing as my brother was 6" 3, and Mark was 5" 10. He seemed pretty intimidating. Mark and Jack nervously followed behind them into the cabin.

There were in for a real treat with my family.

----------£££££££££-------------££££££££££££££-----------------------

Hey guys! I thought I'd write a sad chapter today, but I really like the concept so far! Comment if you enjoy it! Hope you like the guilt trip too!

-TheYouTubeObsessive