Chapter 21

Jacks POV:

With our backpacks and the nett loaded, we his behind the small shed at the Dawlish harbour, waiting until the coast was clear. The boats seemed unoccupied and untouched, loaded with crates of foods and vegetables. Luckily I have a sailing certificate, or we would have been screwed

"Ok, the coast is clear, move out!" Mark yell-whispered. We started to tiptoe along the harbour until we found a accommodating yacht fit for us. Now we needed to figure how to get it out of the harbour

I untied the knot whist the others raised the flag. The patrol lights searched the area whilst heavily armed guards with heavy guns marched up and down the deck of the harbour. The guard dogs sat quietly, trying to sniff for the faintest smell of unrecognisable stench was coming in their direction. Their growls and the footsteps echoed in the dark sky faintly whilst we started to sail slowly of the harbour.

Suddenly, a deafening squeal was heard from the farther side of the deck as several shots rang out into the eerie night, several barks and whirs of sirens filled its silence. Blood reached my foot from the farther deck as we slowly drifted off, whist all of us ducked behind a sturdy object. The gurgle of zombies drew closer as manlier screams could be heard. Shots were still being fired. Some were penetrating the delicate fibre of the sail itself, some breaking through the crates of food, letting its contents spill onto the deck.

"Jack! Ruby's been shot. She's bleeding heavily." I rushed over to the farther side, avoiding any open cover. Gurgles of the zombies soon overran the noise of the shots firing into the night sky. The zombies jumped promptly into the water, smelling the succulent scent of our flesh. They paddled around in a flurry of panic, promptly drowning into the nothingness of the deep blue sea.
I looked down to Ruby, her breathing becoming heavy and her face becoming white and cold to the touch.

"I've been shot!" She said. "You can help me, right jack?" She wheezed. I've never dealt with a near death experience. The only thing I know is the human heart and the organs around it, not to fix it nearly as well as I did Dark. She had no hope.

"Jack?" She questioned, tears brimming in her little eyes. She was only 11, and still a little girl at heart, but since the apocalypse, she had been shattered into this hard shell that pushed everyone out and bottled up her problems. Now it was time to break free for once.

"I... Can't." I said sorrowfully.

She wheezed heavily as she lightly cried. "Remember me when I'm gone..." Her breathing slowed to nothing as her grip became limp. She drifted off into the dead land.

"Well... What do we do?" I said, holding back the tears of sorrow. Alex crouched up into a ball and sobbed quietly to herself.

As we sailed further and further into the sea, we began to loose hope of her coming back. She had gone. And she did not deserve this. Ever.

Suddenly, a burst of life came from where Ruby lay. A water jet sprayed high into the air as her body disappeared, a loud bellow of laughter hovered in the air as the water disappeared.

"Ha! You suckers should have seen the look on you faces!" She clenched her chest in laughter as she floated in midair, her wings spread wide.

"W-what do you mean?" Alex stuttered unsurely.

"Alex, you should know this! We're immortal and we can heal ourselves. Duh!" She giggled as Alex stood up and flew up to her.

"Don't do that again!" Alex hugged Ruby tightly as she told her off.

"Urgh, let's just get going to 'merica." Mark sighed loudly as he took hold of the wheel and steered us through the night sky, wiping the tears from his face.

"We'll use some ruined clothes to fin the holes in the boat, seeing as we are A* in textiles." They high fives each other in unison. "And Jack, set up the food and the living quarters!" Ruby said bossily, pretending to be a assertive person behind her giggles. I approached the door before she flew down in front of me.

She stood in front of me, twiddling the small bracelet on her hand in anxiousness. "Is there any chance you can fix my wing... Jack?" She said desperately yet quietly, almost silently pleading to be fixed but nervous she'll get a no.

"Well, because it's so important to you... I guess I could set everything up later..." I said cheekily with a broad grin on my face.

She fist bumped the air as we walked inside, awaiting her surgery.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this is super short but I thought it was really good description and sorta thrilling! I have an amazing plot idea thou!

-TheYouTubeObsessive