Chapter 19

Jacks POV:

We flew high above the infected, avoiding all contact. Ruby was taking us to her campout. I was really scared. My wings don't look normal and are attracting a lot of unwanted attention from the hordes of zombies. I now had my original heart in place where it was, and I know I have the power of the sun, I just don't feel comfortable... Y'now? My wings were... Really bright. They gleamed brightly as the blades of the fire-like feathers danced off into they air. I just want to get there so I didnt attract any more attention... If that was even legitimately possible then.

We landed on the inside of a giant, 3 inch metal fence that reached up to three times my height. Standing before me was a large parking lot with a large shopping centre with eatery. It's windows were stained with blood and covered in duct tape. The building reached 130m into the sky.

"Welcome to The Exeter guildhall!" Ruby exclaimed as we walked into the front entrance.

"Us guys in here are the only survivors in Devon. Some of us special, some of us not. This was the best place we could get hold of. Anyway! Let me show you around!" She had obviously grown fond of us now and rather keep us as an ally than a foe.

She led us up the escalators. We started at the food hall.

"Here is the food hall. It's got loads of food and water, which is all genetically modified by our science geek to last for about 5x longer than normal. So we have lots of food... But we try to preserve it so we have a backup supply." The large hall was adorned with different eateries, each looking as delicious as the rest. There was a green subway banner, the waft of fresh bread traveled thought the air. I loved subway and would kill for it. The other smells of exotic and what seemed glorious foods drifted into mine and marks noses. Ruby escorted us away from it, obviously noticing that we were getting swept away by the smells.

Le time skip:

"And these are the dorms." Ruby announced. "Because we don't have time (and frankly we can't be bothered) we sleep in assigned rooms of mixed genders." She ushered us to the end room. She opened the door, squeaking slightly as it opened. "This is my dorm." She said. She pointed towards her bed and drawers. Her iPad and charger lay on the bed. Her TV, Xbox one and PS4 sat on the small Chester draws. A Chester draws full of 3 people's clothes and several suitcases were sat by the door. Her books and sketch books scattered the bookcase. 4 small photo frames stood on top of the draws.

"How the hell did you manage to get all this stuff here?" I asked in astonishment. She had a lot of stuff here.

"For some reason, my mum zombie-protected our house. So I found a trap door they couldn't reach. Managed to salvage a lot of things. I mainly salvaged things I couldn't live without and other things that held a lot of memories." She held a small metal figurine in her hands. It's body and plate were made of old scrapyard parts. "My mum used to collect these. She only had 2 though." Tears started to form in her eyes.

She wiped the tears from her eyes as she noticed the girl in the room. "Sorry! This is Alex! She's a special too!" Alex had electric blue hair with silver highlights. Her hair was down to her shoulder blades, very uneven and neatly brushed. She burst into light and exposed her wings. Lightning bolts cackled from her wings as she let small neon light balls hover in her hand.

"Your... Your.." Mark stammered uncontrollably.

"I am the princess of light and electricity!" She said in her poshest accent, sending Ruby into fits of laughter. "Just call me Alex, ok?" She said seriously, with a small smirk on her face.

"Why didn't you go with the rest of Ruby's friends to LA?" I asked, confused she didn't flee. I mean, if I had the choice to stay behind in a zombie apocalypse or flee, I'd flee.

"It's quite an interesting story..." She started, telling us to sit down. "we first met on watt-pad, we both wrote fanfics. About you guys. We kinda started to talk a bit and became best friends. We started to FaceTime and stuff. When the apocalypse started, her friends flew away reluctantly, really not wanting to leave her behind, but Ruby being Ruby... She said she'd be fine. It turned out we lived about 50 miles apart. So we met up and we both discovered we were specials." She embraced Ruby in a protective hug, Ruby doing vice versa.

"Isn't that really dangerous meeting in real life? Who knows what you could've done to each other?! Kidnapped each other? Raped?" Mark boasted protectively.

"Yeah?" Alex said, hinting of a challenge. "How did you guys meet? Hm?" She smirked evilly.

"Over the Internet..." Mark said in defeat. Wow. She was smart.

"Anyway!" Ruby broke the tension. "We need to assign you your bases. Let's head down to the lobby. We can get you some clothes and stuff." She escorted us downstairs.

I heard vaguely before leaving "they've got a secret, I know they do."

---------::::::66:6:6:6:6:6:6:6:6:671)-!/);£/&-&9-@1'wmsnsjajnajamaka

FTR Alex is TheProAtFanGirling but that's not her real name because I wanna protect her privacy! Thanks for all he get well wishes, especially @tinyrebel13