Chapter 25

Izzys POV:

I thought we were close. It's a good thing we had tracking devices on our phone! Where would we be without it? I fly higher into the thin air, everyone following behind. Phobe and Emma were talking about Shane Dawson whist Abbie fiddled nervously with her fingers. Elissa was with Fred, talking about the different birds that perched along her arm. I held my GPS in front of me, the eerie bleep softly whispering into my ear. We soared above sandy terrain, the cacti with their flowers stand proud in the sea of yellow, the gentle breeze easing us along with the blazing sun.

We started to head lower, in formation in case anything happens. There is no time for fun. Two of our friends are not here, and we need them. It broke my heart a little everything I heard their name. How they helped me youth times of struggle, and how I helped them, the times us and the gang spend ages in the gloomy woods back home practising magic and forces. A single tear leaked gently onto my face, dropping into the sand below, never to be found again.

A small hotel came into view of us. It's outside concrete was shabby and stained with years of neglect. The windows were grim and dusty yellow and grey. The cars parked looked beaten and chipped, lousy and broken down. The small city that lay behind it looked identical. The place felt like it was a black and white sad movie, with no feeling or emotion. The hotel looked vacant and quiet. The beeps from he device become louder and stronger as we approach the grey slab of rock.

"There in here!" I exclaimed. We swooped down silently behind view of anyone, allowing ourselves to gently tough the ground once more. Flying 16 consecutive hours isn't easy, but it's worth it. I hope when I find them I can believe that it's worth it. I didn't know how we would cope with one of us missing. We were like a puzzle piece; with one piece missing, what's the point of having the rest there? It'll never be complete until you find those pieces again.

Our wings gently melt into nothing as we walk around the building and into the dirty and broken lobby doors. The inside was less shabby, living up to expectations of a regular Travelodge. Few people sat in the cafe. Some were talking, some reading a paper, and some on their phones. The smell of freshly ground coffee wafted though the lobby and up our noses from the kitchen. We stepped in front of a small reception desk. We were greeted by a middle-aged woman with a fake, pearly-White smile. Her foundation was layered heavily into her face. Her eyes were bright blue with pink eyeshadow and long eyelashes that looked like hey could shale the earth in one blink. She sung in her American accent "how can I help you today? Are you looking to buy a room?".

"Is there any possibility of a room next to a Miss. Ruby?" I said politely.

"Yes. There happens to be a room next door, a double room. Are you sure-" I cut her off.

"just the one room please." I spoke firmly.

"Ok. That's $159 dollars for breakfast and the room." I handed her the wad of money we found in a purse on a street. We headed up to the room and stated to unpack the bags. Various items unraveled from the large bags: chargers, electronic devices, Books, headphones, memorials, sleeping bags, the necessities, and much more. After we layer out the beds and got comfortable, we had a little 'family' meeting.

"How are we gonna find her? We don't know even where she is!" Fred said angrily. He hated anyone messing with his friends, but when it came to us. He wasn't gonna let anything penetrate us.

"She's next door. I have her located in the GPS!" I showed him the evidence.

"Well why don't we go over now?" Elissa exclaimed. I saw her point. She was normally so smile, but now wasn't the time.

"We can't, we're all so tired. We need sleep. I dunno about you guys but I feel like I'm gonna pass out." Abbie said. Everyone nodded in agreement. Even though it's 11pm outside, all of us feel like it's been forever since we last slept. I snuggle into the bed and close my eyes as I hold onto my Teddie, sniffing the familiar scent.

Time skip:

I heard a deafening scream form the opposite room. I opened my eyes in a flash and sit up. I jumped out of the bed with everyone else on my tail. We knocked on the door of the noise. I heard a click and the door swung open. A semi-tall man with a blackish-brown mop of hair and some rectangular glasses like mine, but thinner. his eyes were more Asian and his expression showed fear and worry.

"Who are you?!" He asks sternly and aggressively. He seems familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. I heard a few faint sobs in the back of the room.

"Where is she?" I asked sternly back, fixing my eyes onto his.

"Who?"

"Ruby and Alex."

"How the hell do you know them?"

We held up our hand, showing our powers in our hands. He looked at us and allows us into the room.

We saw Josie and jac on the bed. Their faces and eyes were red and puffy as salty tears stream down their face. They clutch in their hand a small teddy, each one owned by both. Necklaces were worn about their necks. Their tears slowly evaporate into the air as they see us enter.

"Josie?" I said calmly and quietly. They turn around and bring us all into a hug.

"Guys! I thought you were in LA!" She sniffles.

"We flew back because we were worried." Abbie Emma said. "We're are they?" Phoebe asked, concerned.

"We don't know." Jack spoke up. "But we found this."

All that was left on the bed was a pink moustache.
---
--------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the shitty updates. Tests next 2 weeks 😔😒 so after then updates are more frequent!!!! Thank you for all your support though! It means a lot to see no haters! <3

TheYouTubeObsessive