Pucker Up

KIERA

Noah's snores continue to assault my ears. Have they always been this loud? I swear he's gotten louder while we were gone. I didn't sleep last night but it had nothing to do with his snoring. Bobby... What the fuck? I've tried not to think about what happened. I don't want to. I don't want to think about his lips against mine or how it felt to be in his arms. I don't want to think about what he said. I don't want to think about any of it. I'm confused. It's Bobby though. How can I not think about it?

After talking to him, I immediately crawled into bed last night. I couldn't face anyone. When Elijah climbed in next to me, he kissed my shoulder and asked if we were good. I gave him a smile and a nod, but I can't seriously answer that question. I don't understand what the hell is happening!

I hear movement around me as others begin to wake up. I pull myself into a tight ball and hide under the covers. I don't want to face anyone yet. I'm confused and exhausted. I just want to stay here, convince my mind to clear, and finally get some good sleep.

"I've got a text," I hear Chelsea squeal. "Islanders, the public has been voting for their favorite couples. The couples with the fewest votes will face being dumped tomorrow night. #WhoWillGo. #SinglesRule." Commotion fills the air. Fuck. This isn't good. Just another thing to throw on the mess that's already surrounding me.

"Maybe the singles will be dumped," Elijah laughs and I instantly want to push him off the bed. He wasn't a dick like this while we were at Casa.

"Nah," that Shannon girl says. "It said singles rule." I should probably try to get to know her, assuming I don't just hide in bed all day.

I feel a hand rub down my side. "Morning," Elijah whispers against my ear. I ignore him and pretend to be asleep. I'm sure he doesn't buy it but I don't want to face him. I want to hide from everyone all day.

"Girls! War council. Roof terrace. Pronto," Lottie demands. Hell no. I'm not taking part in any of her shit today. My bed shifts as Elijah gets up. It sounds like the room is clearing out. I continue to lay here, trapped in my revolving thoughts, when I hear a presence next to my bed.

"Kiera," Bobby gently whispers before he walks away. I deeply exhale. I didn't even realize I was holding my breath. Bobby...

I finally sit up and look at the empty room around me. As much as I want to hide away, that's not realistic. I'll end up having to do a challenge in my jammies. I feel so sad though. It all feels heavy. I take a long shower, quickly change and throw on minimal make up. I hear the war council as I get ready and head the opposite direction. I make my way downstairs and grab a bowl of cereal. The girls are occupied and most of the boys are working out so I'm thankfully left in peace.

Shannon comes sauntering in. It's the first I've really looked at her and she's really pretty. Then she opens her mouth; Scottish. She reminds me too much of Bobby. "Morning, Kiera."

"Shannon," I nod at her. She gives me a small chuckle. "What?" I ask.

"You're acting a bit like Bobby right now." That makes no sense. I'm all gloomy and I've never seen Bobby anything but overly excited, well typically anyway. "Any idea what a war council is?"

"No. They're probably trying to figure out what happened while we were gone or something. It's Lottie, so who knows."

"If they want to know, they should probably just ask me." I nod. I don't care what happened though. "Alright," she knocks on the counter. "When you're ready to know what Bobby did while you were gone, just ask." She walks away as I stand up to clean my dirty dish. Why does she want to tell me about Bobby so badly?