Libra Besties

KIERA

I'm laying awake in the quiet room. Everyone is still sleeping, but I can't. I'm restless. I'm terrified that Bobby is going home tonight and the thought is making me sick.

"Bobby," I whisper as I poke my finger into his ribs.

"Hmmm?" He asks with his eyes still closed.

"You awake?"

He groans and finally opens his eyes. "You're really pretty in the morning," he says. I blush slightly at the compliment. He clears his throat like he's uncomfortable and glances around the room. "What's up?"

"I can't sleep."

"So you wanted me to be miserable with you?"

"Yeah."

He wraps his arm around me and tucks me against his hard body. "What's on your mind?"

"I'm worried about tonight."

"The dumping?" His voice sounds sad. "Nothing we can do about it now so we might as well not worry about it."

"I don't want you to leave."

"I don't want to leave either."

"We're gonna think positive. When you're saved, do you want me to pick you or do you want your mystery girl crush to?" He groans as he throws his head back and I giggle at him.

He just shakes his head as he looks at me. "There's no other girl," he says with seriousness but why does he seem so serious? Have I gotten this entirely wrong and why is he giving me this look?

"Whatever you say," I giggle only the giggle seems out of place. "Should we start our day?"

"Might as well since you just had to wake me up," he chuckles. We're the first to crawl out of bed.

I take a really long shower, trying to ease my fears. Bobby can't go home today. I can't even begin to imagine how horrid the rest of the summer would be without him. I'm annoyed when I walk into the dressing room to find all the girls in here. I was hoping to get ready in peace. There's an awkward vibe hanging in the room. I'm sure it's about the dumping and lingering Rocco drama.

We all get ready in silence. As the girls go to leave the room together, I stop Pyria. "I think Bobby has a secret crush on someone," I say to gauge her reaction. I won't tell her I think it's her, but I'm interested to know how she reacts to this.

"Really?" She asks with excitement. Huh. Is she trying to lie to me too? I saw them when we were painting his nails. They were giving too many cues for me to be wrong here... Right?

"Yeah. I want them to be together but he won't tell me who it is. Actually, he denies it completely."

"Well, maybe he doesn't have a crush on anyone or maybe he has his reasons for keeping it quiet."

"Yeah. I suppose. I know we're in a friendship couple and I love being coupled up with him. I just want him to be happy though."

"Don't worry about Bobby. He's a big boy. If there is a girl, I'm sure he'll eventually make his move."

"As long as he doesn't get kicked off," I say with nervousness. This summer will suck if he's not here and I can't stand the thought of it.

"I'm so worried," Pyria agrees. "The newbies are definitely gone. I think they'll save Bobby over them."

"I hope so. I want this day to last forever so I can hang out with him. At the same time though, I want it to be over so I know he's safe and we can move past this."