Chapter 23

I do not own Harry Potter or The Vampire Diaries (Sorry I've been MIA lately. I've just had a lot of shit going on but I finally managed to finish this chapter)

"All you have to do is go inside and pick anything and everything you want," Damon said.

"But I don't need anything," Jade said confused.

"I said get everything you want, not need. There is a difference," Damon said.

"But I don't want anything either," Jade said.

"Well it's either I buy everything or you buy something," Damon smirked at her.  "Now come on," he said holding out a hand and she took it a bit hesitantly as she looked around at the huge shop.

They all watched as Damon took her around the entire shop twice and Jade had only chosen one thing, a snake plush cuddly and she didn't even pick it up herself. Damon had seen her eying it and had picked it up along with the rest of the things now stuffing his trolley.

"That's too much stuff. You've already brought me a lot. I don't..." Jade began worriedly from where she was sitting on his hip.

"Need it? Yes I know, but I want you to have it," Damon said.

"But..." Jade began again.

"No buts," Damon said before he brought everything and left the shop.

"Damon...can we go back ho...I mean can we go back now?" Jade asked wincing at her mistep.

"It's your home too sweetheart. Don't hesitate to say that. In fact I'll be very happy if you consider it our home," Damon said gently. Jade looked up into his eyes as if looking for any signs of insincerity, clearly finding none she then swallowed and looked down.

"Thanks for giving her a home Day," Lily said gratefully.

"Best home ever," Jade said with a small smile on her face fondly remembering every laugh, every tear and every moment she'd spent under that roof. Damon smiled at that pulling her closer before. pressing a kiss to her head. He pulled awa and sent a smile Lily's way reaching out to gently grasp her hand giving her a reassuring squeeze as if to say 'your welcome.'

"Come on then squirt. Let's go," Damon nodded as he settled her in the front seat of the trolley before pushing it outside as he walked to his car. "And don't worry yourself over the money. Had you not been here, what I just spent would be just sitting there. I'd much rather spend it on someone I care about than use it on something stupid or not use it at all. I've got more than enough to last generations. The money I used today won't even come close to making a dent in the amount of money I have, so cheer up kiddo. You're too young to get frown lines," he said teasingly.

"Care about?" Jade asked, that being the most important thing apparently.

"Yes sweetheart. I do care about you and not only because you are the daughter of two of the most important people in my life but because something about you...it just...it makes me feel more close to being a human than I'd felt in a long time."

"Well, you're the nicest one I've met," Jade said shyly her head ducked down and Damon visibly brightened a smile pulling at the corners of his mouth. 

"Thanks squirt. That means a lot coming from my niece," Damon said with a wink.

"Niece," Jade said softly her tone questioning.

"Yes. Your parents were family for me, like siblings, and so by way of that, that technically makes you my niece," Damon said smiling at her.