Chapter 10

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

Death had been summoned alongside his sister Life just as he was about to make his way back to the cinema now that everyone that needed to come had arrived, well except one, but he was working on that. It would take a while to put the pieces of his soul back together, his mistress might not like it but, oh well, it would be fun to see everyone else's reactions. 

As he changed to his normal form, he thought about why he had been called, it didn't happen that often after all, but like every time, he had no choice but to listen so he appeared in the hall where the meetings usually happened. This would give his mistress enough time to reconcile with her father he supposed so there was something good about this. 

He did not expect what happened to happen at all though, he had not really not. His sister was more ruthless than he had previously thought, and the worst part, Fate and Destiny sided with her. 

"You can't do this." He shouted angrily as darkness spread through the hall and his shadows began to creep further up the walls.

"Calm yourself. It's for the..." Fate began trying to calm him down.

"If you say Greater Good, I will find a way to remove you from this plane even if I have to take myself with you," Death snapped angrily, his shadows having nearly engulfed the entire hall at this point as he glared at the three entities.

"Brother control yourself," Life demanded as she let out her light to calm his darkness but instead of them retreating, both light and dark clashed as Death glared at her in rage she's never seen on his face before, especially directed at her. 

"If you kill the girl, you're dead to me Sister. I will destroy this entire plane or better yet, I will release him. You wouldn't want that would you? Because if Lucifer is awakened, there will be nothing but chaos. You all would have no meaning because he is more powerful than all of us combined. What would become of us then Sister? What would you do then? Now, I suggest you do as I say and leave my Chosen alone because you all know full well I will go through with this." Death said to them.

"The deed is already done brother," Life said just as he turned around to leave.

"What did you say?" Death asked angrily as he turned back around uttermost rage plastered on his face. He cocked his head for a second before he said, "You're lying. I can still feel her."

"Not for much longer brother. She is dying," Life informed him.

"You will reverse this right now," Death demanded.

"I cannot. It is not within my power brother. That girl should have been dead ages ago, her soul was supposed to belong to me when she was one years old but because of you're meddling, her life has been prolonged it for an extra 17 years. She cannot magically survive from this final attack, there is no possible way," Life informed him.

"Don't give me that bullshit. There's always a way. You will undo this sister, or I will raise this plane to the ground," Death said and his voice didn't even raise as he said that but the rage and promise in his words were heard by them all as he turned and vanished, his threat ringing in their heads.

Life, Fate and Destiny exchanged weary glances, knowing Death, he would do as he just said if they go through with their plan. 

"What should we do?" Destiny asked the two of them. She cared for Death in her own way, they'd had a tryst in their youth and despite their break up because of numerous reasons, she still cared for him and didn't like seeing him like that.

"He has threatened our existence and everything we stand for, we must do the only thing we can." Fate said before he was cut off.

"If you say you will imprison my brother, you will have to open a cell right next to him for me," Life said angrily, daring him to even think of such a thing. They may not get along well but he was still her brother.