Chapter 17

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

"You may all have a short break now and everyone must leave this room. I don't care where you go but this cinema must be empty," Death said and they were confused at the demand but complied anyway as they all got up and left, all of them going to their individual rooms. 

"Um...can I talk to you? Please?" Tom asked finally building up the courage to go to her.

"I-I don't..." Jade began before she sighed and said, "Fine, just for a moment."

"Really?" Tom asked shocked.

"Yeah," Jade sighed fidgeting just slightly as Damon looked at her concerned. 

"You sure about this?" Damon asked her worriedly and Jade just shrugged her shoulders.

"Ok, well, can you come to my room later? I want to talk to you," Damon asked hopefully, he needed to apologise, he was planning to do it now but then this happened.

"Sure," Jade said before Damon turned to Tom.

"If even one single tear falls from her eyes because of you, I'll rip out your heart without hesitation. Got it?" Damon asked threateningly.

"Yes," Tom nodded his head not looking fazed by the threat since the last thing he wanted to do was hurt her even more than he already had.

"Good," Damon said before he kissed the side of Jade's head and after looking between them once more, he left the room.

"Come on. We can talk in our room," Jade said as they both walked through the hall.

"Our room?" Tom asked confused.

"We're sharing apparently," Jade said trying not to sound angry about it but from the expression on his face, she wasn't entirely successful.

"Oh," was all Tom said before they came to their room and went inside.

"What is it?" Jade asked leaning her side against the wall by the window as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I-I don't where to start," Tom said unsure.

"Anywhere, I'm listening," Jade said shrugging her shoulders still not looking at him.

"I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. I'm so so sorry. Killing a child because of a prophecy of all things is not something I would want to do. And I'm sorry for your parents, I never wanted to spill magical blood, that is the last thing I would ever want. The horcruxes, they...they ruined me. I had goals..." Tom said.

"Goals? Yeah to take over the world. To be the most powerful wizard alive. To rule. To never be touched by death. To have everyone bent to your will..." Jade began to say pissed off.

"No! No that was never it. I never wanted that. I have followers even now but they are all free to give input for anything, we argue, we fight and we come to an agreement, That's how it works. My goals were never to take over the world as my future counterpart might have you believe, I wanted equality, I wanted to get rid of the prejudices plaguing our world, I wanted to protect us from the danger muggles could pose, I wanted to protect magical children from those families that could harm them for their gifts, like they did you...like they did me," Tom said the last bit quietly and she turned to him at that.

"I-I know about the orphanage but I don't know the extent. Did they...Did they..." Jade said horrified.

"Yes...much like your life. Mine was more or less exactly alike. Iron rod, belt etcetera, where you were kept in a cupboard, I had my own personal cellar, food was scarce as it was during the Blitz but even then I was deprived at times so believe me the last thing I would want is to put any other child in such a position," Tom said apologetically.