Chapter 2

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

AN: I made this chapter 2 instead because it fits better that way. I'm just going to bring everyone in from s4 ep7, right after Stefan and Elena's break up so the first chapter is basically when Elena showed up in Damon's house after the pageant and Jeremy stabbing her and instead of them hooking up, that happened. 

Bonnie groaned, struggling to lift herself off the unfamiliar floor. She couldn't fathom what had just happened. One moment, she had been lazing around her house with absolutely nothing to do and no one to talk to, and the next thing she knew, she was in a dimly lit cinema. Her confusion deepened as she noticed the unconscious forms of her friends and the Original siblings sprawled around her.

Her mind raced with questions. What were they all doing here? And why were they here of all places? She ran over to Damon's still form and quickly shook him awake. Their friendship was a well-kept secret, hidden from the judgmental eyes of the others, and they preferred to keep it that way. They actually found a certain thrill in acting annoyed with each other when they were around their friends. They had developed an unspoken understanding to not to take each other's words to heart and had instead found enjoyment in their back-and-forth banter. To the others, they sounded as if they were moments away from going at each other's throats but none of them had ever noticed the playful spark in their eyes or the slight quirk of their lips. 

In all honesty though, it was true that no one had the capacity to annoy Bonnie quite like Damon. Yet, at the same time, she felt that no one cared for her as deeply as he did, and that was something she had come to cherish. Despite what others might say, she believed Damon was a great friend, and she liked to think he felt the same way about her. After all, why else would he choose to share something with her that he hadn't even confided in his own brother – about the fact that he had a daughter?

After a few gentle shoves from Bonnie, Damon reluctantly opened his eyes and sat up, looking around with a perplexed expression. "Bon Bon. Where are we?" he inquired, clearly disoriented.

"It looks like a cinema, Damon, but other than that, I have no idea," Bonnie replied, her uncertainty mirroring his. "The others are here too, even Klaus and his siblings. I don't know why," she added, shrugging her shoulders in bewilderment. 

Damon hesitated for a moment, his guard momentarily down, revealing a side of him that only two people had come to truly know – his daughter and his best friend. Since Alaric's death, a wound that still stung despite his efforts to appear unaffected, Bonnie was the only friend he had left.

"You should go to your friends before they wake up," he suggested, the vulnerability in his voice swiftly replaced by his usual nonchalant demeanor. He didn't want the others to witness this unguarded side of him, a side that was reserved for the few people who truly mattered in his life.

Bonnie's voice carried a hint of sadness as she confessed, "Right now, it feels like you're my only friend, Damon." Lately, she had been grappling with a whirlwind of emotions. She couldn't help but feel like they only sought her out when they needed her, and the rest of the time, she was an afterthought. Damon was the one person who talked to her just for the sake of talking, rather than for some ulterior motive, and that meant more to her than anything. She had known all of them since they were practically in diapers, and it pained her to see how they now seemed to remember her solely when they believed she could be of use to them.

Damon's smile brightened as he responded, "Same here, Bon Bon. Wait till you meet my daughter; you two will get along like a house on fire." The thought of Bonnie and his daughter bonding brought a genuine smile to his face.

"I honestly can't wait to meet her, Damon," Bonnie admitted. "To finally have someone my age who could understand, you know?"

"You'll love her. She's...she's just perfect," Damon said with a loving smile that only Bonnie and his daughter had ever witnessed. But in an instant, that smile faded, and the unmistakable worry shone in his eyes.