Chapter 9

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries (I am going to apologize in advance. Really sorry)

The others' eyes widened at the literal anguish in Damon's voice as he practically begged her to get up. Everything they thought they knew about him was practically thrown out the window when faced with the heartbreaking scene before them.

"Bon can you do something? Please?!" Damon asked when she wouldn't stir, not even a twitch, the only sign of life was the very faint sound of her heartbeat, only getting weaker.

"I can try but I'm not powerful enough," Bonnie said kneeling next to him as she put a hand on his shoulder in comfort. He looked at her like she was his only hope left and that nearly broke her heart as Damon nodded at her, telling her with his eyes to do whatever she could, hoping it would be enough. She closed her eyes and tried any healing spells that came to mind but none of them were working, and the girl was beginning to get blue in the face from lack of oxygen, she couldn't hold on much longer. "I'm sorry Damon but I can't do anything. I'm so sorry," Bonnie said after several spells did nothing and she was breathing heavily feeling slightly dizzy from the effort.

The others looked between the two confused knowing they hated each other and yet, Damon had called her Bon, Bonnie had put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him and it looked like there was absolutely no hate in Bonnie's eyes, only concern, which was weird. They had never seen them like that before.

Stefan looked at the girl, who was apparently his niece, in worry, he couldn't hear her breathing and her heartbeat was so faint you could barely hear it. He wanted to go up there and do something but because of his lack of control, that was impossible right now.

Caroline looked at Damon in sympathy, yes, she hated him, everyone knew that but seeing him like this really pulled on her heartstrings, she wouldn't wish the pain of losing someone you loved on anyone, not even her worst enemy and right now, Damon was far from it. He had changed from the man he used to be, maybe not so much that they could be friends but enough for her to admit that there was some semblance of humanity in him and the way he looked now as he gazed at the lifeless form of his daughter only proved that.

 "Would my blood help?" Rebekah couldn't help but offer, seeing as she was stronger, after seeing his face crumple with the most agonized look she'd ever seen.

"She can't consume any vampire's blood right now, the more powerful a vampire is, the harder it will be for her body to accept it," Bonnie explained sadly when Damon didn't answer, though she did send the blonde vampire a grateful glance.

"No! No, no, no, no, no," Damon suddenly shouted as he clutched her to him and shook her and soon enough the others realized what had happened when there was no sound of her heartbeat and they gasped horrified, even the Mikaelsons eyes widened slightly. Rebekah and Caroline actually had tears in their eyes as they watched him shout out in desperation, "Jade! Jade! You can't be dead. You are not dead! Wake up! Please wake up. Alzati! Forza, devi alzarti! Andiamo Stellina!" (Get up! Come on, you have to get up! Come on little star!)

The Mystic Falls Gang looked at the scene in sadness, Damon wasn't too close with any of them except Bonnie, but he was still a huge part of their lives, no matter how much the others had come to resent it. Seeing him in such a broken state really put into perspective how much he actually cared for the girl, it showed them that he wasn't incapable of feelings like they had all thought, he just didn't show it as much. That just suddenly made them realize that as a vampire, he felt more strongly than others, how was he going to take this? How was he going to get through something as horrible as losing a daughter without giving in to the voice inside his head telling him to turn it off?

The wizards and witches stood there in shock, she couldn't be dead, she just couldn't. Despite everything that had happened to her, she always somehow managed to come out alive in the end so they hadn't been as concerned as they should have been because after everything she's been through, she would, like every other time, find a way to pull through. But now, as they gazed at her still body, it was starting to hit them that there was no sign of life from the girl that always seemed to be so full of it.

A tear escaped Mcgonogalls eye as she looked at her beloved student before she walked and crouched down next to Luna and Neville as tears flowed out their eyes. Unfortunately, she wasn't a healer, she didn't know any healing spells that Miss Lovegood and Mr Longbottom hadn't tried yet and she had never felt so helpless.

Draco was swallowing the tears that began to build up in his eyes as he looked at her in disbelief. He was hoping for one small action, anything to show that she was alive but there was nothing, not even a twitch. But it was Potter, she always got back up, she always managed to get back up but why wasn't she now? The dark Lord himself had said that he had killed her before and yet she got back up, she had literally been killed and she woke up but the seconds stretched out and there was nothing. It was getting really hard for him not to go over there but no one could know he cared, he was taught better than that. It would lead to nothing but pain.

Elena was looking at Damon in concern, he had never been so wrecked about anything, not even when she had woken up after the sacrifice expecting to be a vampire. He hadn't looked that sad about what could have happened if she did turn into one, only slightly relieved so she hoped that that had meant something until she had heard what he's said to Stefan later on, that he couldn't care less about what happened to her, but he did care that Stefan cared for her. Obviously Damon wasn't that open about anything, so it had all started because Stefan had confronted him about what had happened before and they had had a fight. Stefan had said that Damon had done it on purpose and if she hadn't accidentally drank the drink that she hadn't known Damon had mixed with blood, she liked to think that Damon would have cared about her enough to actually take that step. 

Stefan hadn't believed him though, he was too angry to think rationally at the time, about how could Damon have predicted she was going to drink from that cup. She doesn't normally drink but that might have been her last day alive so she just took some, only to nearly puke at the metallic taste in her mouth and the splitting headache she had afterwards. Stefan had realized what had happened when she told him what she was feeling and then he had smelt the drink she had had in her hand and his eyes had filled with rage as he realized what would happen now. It had been quite an eventful night but she was going too far off-topic. 

She looked at Damon's distressed countenance and thought about how he would need someone right now. That's how she had fallen in love with Stefan, he had been there for her after her parents' deaths, he had been her rock and had helped her through the undeniable grief she was feeling. If she becomes the same for Damon, then maybe he could finally admit what he was feeling for her. She had to show him that she could be someone he could lean on, he'd then get over his grief for his daughter as she had for her parents and find something even better in her. 

Bonnie had tears flowing out of her eyes as she looked between Jade's still body and the broken look in her best friend's eyes. She laid a gentle hand on Damon's shoulder, he looked at her for a moment, literal torture in his eyes before shrugging her hand off as he looked back at Jade. He went back to saying anything he could to get her to wake up, but nothing was working, she was still, too still and from the look in his eyes, he knew that but admitting it would make it too real.

Luna was openly sobbing as she cast a spell on Jade that would show the beating of her heart and it told them exactly what they were all refusing to believe. The waves that were supposed to show the steady beats of her heart were straight, it was just a straight line, and everyone knew what that meant. 

The scream of grief that ripped out of Damon's mouth shocked them all, tears came to nearly all of their eyes as they looked at him in sympathy or were too busy crying themselves. Many of them had just lost a friend but Damon, well, Damon had just lost his daughter.

She was well and truly gone.