Chapter 20

I do not own Harry Potter or The Vampire Diaries

The screen turned on just as it shifted and now Damon was washing the dishes as Jade sat on the counter.

"I-I can help," Jade said hesitantly.

"Nope, you're just going to sit there and look adorable. I'll do the cleaning," Damon said smiling at her.

"But I can at least dry them. I wanna help," Jade said feeling weird about not doing anything.

"Fine, if you insist," Damon sighed as he gave her the cloth.

"Y-You said yesterday that...um, you wanted to tell me something," Jade said looking downs shyly as she dried the plate before she put it in the stand.

"I did, didn't I?" Damon said sighing as he finished cleaning the last plate and when she dried it and put it inside the stand, he went in front of her and asked, "Can I pick you up?"

Jade nodded and he picked her up before he walked through the house.

"I just realised that that's the house we designed together," Lily said, happy that he was keeping Jade there.

"It is. She loved the bedroom you designed by the way," Damon said to her.

"You did?" Lily asked Jade happily.

"You kidding? I loved that bedroom," Jade said smiling at her mother who kissed her forehead and she swallowed at the tears that sprung to her eyes at the affectionate gesture.

"What's wrong darling?" Lily asked concerned when she saw the tears in her eyes and James and the others turned towards her concerned.

"Nothing. I just...I'm happy that you're here right now is all," Jade said as she breathed in trying to control her tears but it was too hard and one ran down her cheek anyway.

"Oh sweetie," Lily said softly before she hugged her and Jade let out a sob as she clutched her mother desperately.

"I love you mom," Jade said with a break in her voice.

"I love you too, so much,"  Lily said as she kissed her head.

"Sorry," Jade said as she pulled away after a moment to wipe her eyes.

"There's nothing to apologise for Prongslet," James said softly.

"Prongslet?" Jade asked with a smile.

"Well you're an honourary marauder so you need to have a name, and an animagus," James said with a smile.

"You don't need to worry about the last one James," Sirius said and he turned to him shocked.

"You're an animagus?" James asked her happily and Jade nodded. "What is it?" James asked eagerly.

Jade shifted into her wolf form as he gasped shocked, even Remus hadn't know that she was a wolf of all animals.

"Merlin you're beautiful," Lily said proudly and Jade, in her wolf form, looked up and nudged her cheek affectionately before she shifted back in her human form.

"Wow," James said proudly. "My daughter is a wolf, did you see that Padfoot?"

"I've already seen it before but it's nonetheless amazing," Sirius said to her and she smiled at him remembering their times in the woods where they used to playfight in their animagus forms.

"It really is. Both her animagus and her Patronus is a wolf. Jade already knows this but those who wield a wolf Patronus will protect friends and family with a fierce passion. While first impressions can lead one to believe the wolf Patronus belongs to a strong silent type, they also have a playful side underneath. However, this is only displayed towards trusted individuals," Remus explained.