Chapter 6

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

When Damon had vamp sped towards the children, the others had got up confused, what on earth was he doing they all thought. Of course knowing him, well at least they thought they did, they shook their heads, couldn't he just leave them alone before getting answers? Everyone knew how much Damon hated to be in the dark but did he not have an ounce of patience to wait for the others to calm down, they got that he could care less but the girl was crying, something had obviously happened so the least he could do was give her a moment, but no, it was Damon after all. When had he ever been sensitive to feelings?

Bonnie however was in a completely different mindset, she had seen the way his entire body was tensed up as his eyes frantically moved around the children. She had been confused at first before she saw the wands in their hands and she immediately came to the realization that they were from his daughter's world so he must be looking for her. She had seen a photo of her once so she tried to help by looking around herself but after a moment, the slump of his shoulders told her that he couldn't find her and she frowned in sympathy. She knew exactly how worried he had been in the past few months without her so he must have been pretty bummed about not getting to see her, but to be honest she felt rather relieved because knowing Damon and his overprotective ways, he wasn't going to take kindly to his daughter arriving looking even half as bad as the others did. 

The children looked as if they had all come from a war and they were no older than them, minus the vampires of course. She knew most of the situation of the wizarding world since, as she was a witch herself, Damon could explain it to her and she hoped that Jade would be ok. She had been the center of the war after all, not just a follower of either side. so she knew that if the light side were to lose, it would only mean in her death or capture. She hoped against hope that neither would happen, especially her death because Damon would stop at nothing to get revenge and she knew without a shadow of doubt, that his switch would flip after having got it because living without his daughter for these few months had been hell on earth for him. To even imagine living without her for the rest of his eternal life, it would be literal torture and she wouldn't even blame him for turning it off because if there was one thing she knew, one thing she couldn't doubt no matter what, it was that Damon loved his daughter.

So when he had vamped in front of the children and called out the familiar name, her heart had leapt with both joy and concern, because the girl did not sound alright nor did she look it. She looked broken and the blonde girl's vow was now in her head, she had vowed never to betray Jade, which meant she had been betrayed before but by who? If Damon found out about this, he would kill them without a second thought, well after torturing them for even thinking about hurting his daughter. To be completely honest, she would help too, she had gotten to know Jade so much from Damon's talks that she felt like she knew her without even having met her and the last thing she wanted was for her to be hurt. 

She smiled in happiness for her friend when Jade had run and jumped on him hugging him for all she's worth as he hugged her back. The gentle and desperate way he did so brought tears to her eyes before her cry of dad had him holding on even tighter. She couldn't help but look at the others and nearly laughed at the complete flabbergasted expressions on their faces, they were all in denial. 

She had even seen Caroline literally rubbing her eyes before looking back at the beautiful scene that showed the love between a father and his daughter, only causing her eyes to widen even more. The words 'it's not possible' was printed across everyone's face and it took everything inside of her not to laugh out loud right now because she knew that none of them even came close to knowing the true Damon Salvatore, who was a great friend, a caring person, and the best father any girl could ask for.