Chapter 15

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

The screen suddenly shifted to show a beautiful golden hall, it was absolutely huge and only the witches and wizards recognized it along with Damon. It showed creepy looking creatures sat on two rows leading to a throne like chair in the middle with a tall stand where another creepy creature's head could be seen. 

"What on earth is that?" Rebekah asked looking at it in disgust.

"It's a goblin," Luna answered her.

"A what?" Katherine asked looking halfway between disturbed and intrigued.

"Goblins are a highly intelligent race of small magical humanoid beings that are basically the bankers of the wizarding world. Some of you might not know our world's existence and you probably won't believe it until you have proof so let's just watch," Jade said as the memory was played.

Then all of a sudden they could see someone walking inside up to the creature at the front. They had black hair and they looked really familiar but they couldn't place who it was. The goblin took one look at him before he got up and led the man down the corridor into a chamber that was even more ostentatious than the hall, which was saying something.

"Why was I called here?" The voice asked curiously and now some of them felt like they knew that voice but where from?

"Have a seat," The goblin said and the man sat down but they still couldn't see him, the screen was only showing the goblin's face. "It has come to my notice that the goblin in charge of Lily and James Potter's daughter's finance has been accepting bribes from a certain witch or wizard, it had not yet been found out who as he refused to talk, but because of this, we need the next of kin to go through the files that have been corrupted by outside means. We know that a lot of money had been stolen from her vaults but she still has more than enough to last generations so no need to worry about that but we will try our best to find out who is behind this and return the money back to her vault," The goblin said.

"What!" Neville and many other witches and wizards gasped in shock.

"That's against the law. Who could have done such a thing?" Lucius said knowing how scandalous it was to steal from another's vault especially from such an esteemed house like Potter.

"Who do you think?" Jade asked him and he looked confused for a second before he seemed to realise what she was insinuating.

"Are you saying..." Lucius trailed off.

"Yup. He was behind it the entire time. Wish I could have found out sooner," Jade said.

"Why am I considered the next of kin? I thought Sirius would be looking after her, is he not?" The voice asked.

"Sirius Black has been imprisoned in Azkaban prison so I'm afraid he can't," The goblin said.

"Why would Sirius be in Azkaban?" The voice said angrily.

Mcgonagall sighed in guilt again as she remembered what she had seen the girl go through, if only she had fought harder not to let her stay there then she wouldn't have suffered so much.

"Sirius Black has been imprisoned for the murder of Lily and James Potter," The goblin said.

"Please," The voice scoffed. "Sirius was not behind that. It was that Voldy guy's doing."

"He was the secret keeper for the safe house Lily and James Potter were in and he gave away the information to Voldemort making it possible for him to enter the house and kill them." The goblin explained.