The Legend of Heroes Prologue

Once upon a time, far away, there used to be three continents separated by an ocean. They were not the same in climate or geography, but they had similar populations. The central continent of Orario has been believed to be the core of the world at that time for generations.  Mages and warriors from all backgrounds came to seek stardom, glory, and affluence.  Of course, common people immigrated to Orario in waves because it was known as a free continent. The government of its capital, Orario Cityas a representative democracy. People would vote for representatives of their interests in the governmen called the Guild. In the past, there once was a ship carrying immigrants from a country very far away, destroyed by war and marred by political intrigue leading to persecution and corruption. They searched far and wide for freedom and stability, then found it in an unincorporated village.  Their descendants called it Orario, after the continent. Since its inception, Orario has grown in population at an exponential rate. According to popular legend, it was believed that the Gods were the next wave of immigrants to Orario, for different reasons. They used to live a productive life in heaven, but because of their immortality, it grew monotonous to watch nature's birth, death, then reincarnation over and over again. So the God's gave up their powers called arcanum and descended to the mortal realm, keeping their immortality. They rejoiced as warriors they nurtured, came home victorious but mourned those that did not come back. 

In the dawn of history, the mortal realm was a treacherous place. Monsters constantly pillaged human settlements all over the globe,  leaving none alive. This was not appropriate to start a family, thanks to these raids so they turned to powerful immortal life forms called Titans. They sealed the monsters away in tall dungeons that touched the heavens, where they dwelt. But when the Gods defeated them in a long war, dooming the Titans to extinction, the monsters were free to raid again. So they did, but more mercilessly than before.  Eventually, the Gods took pity on the struggles of their people, so they devised an effective plan to rid the monsters for good: They would be permanently sealed away in the dungeons,  reinforced by a powerful magic called the prayer. As for who prayed to keep them at bay, the Gods chose Ouranos, future patron God of the Guild.  In the end, the mortals rebuilt their destroyed villages and worshipped the Gods as heroes for generations.  When they descended, the mortals enthusiastically welcomed them to the mortal realm, then taught them to live a simpler lifestyle than in heaven. In the end, the world's oldest familias were founded from this relationship. However with each changing era, they came and went like the sea. So when one familia dies out, another takes its place. This created a limitless chain of familias that succeeded each other as defenders of civilization. So adventurers were no longer in demand, because there was no need to fight anymore. They instead sought to slay monsters for wealth or for glory. In this story, there was one such adventurer who did not rely on a deity's blessing called the Falna to achieve his dream. His name was Leonidas and he went by the title Odysseus, for his nomadic lifestyle.