chapter 54

The end of the war

3rd pov

Ace is freed at last as he and Luffy fight their way back to escape from Marineford with the silence help of The Demon God(reluctanly).

Everyone is glad for it, as Squard and his crew break into the plaza with the paddle ship to give a chance for everyone to escape.

However, they were stopped by Whitebeard, claiming it would be a shame for a son to die in front of his father.

Whitebeard stands and orders his sons to escape, saying the New Era does not need a person like him.

"All of you and I will spilt up from here! Everyone survive at any cost and go back to the New World safely!"

"P-pops(dad)! Are you planning to die here?!"

"Im a remnant from the old times! There's no ship that can bear me in the new era! Go, you guys!"

With the wings still flapping to stay in the position in the air, the Demon God hums. "That's right, you old fart. Nobody needs you when they got me. Heh, not if im willing to help you weaker!" He snorts and laughing by himself as the marines looking up at y/n weirdly.

"--Is she the same person?"

"--That's the Chihuahua earlier, right?! She upgraded!"

"--Her eyes! Look..!"

"--What! Its black! Crazy, she's not a human!"

"--Is there any puppy with black eyes?"

All the Pirates however, refuse to leave Whitebeard and stay behind him.

"I dont wanna leave you! You gotta come with us!"

"Pops!!"

Whitebeard side eyeing them, "Do you disobey your Captain's order?! Why dont you just go, fools?!"

"Pops!" They all got tears in their eyes.

The Demon God sighs with his eyes roll back. "Why the hell are they so dramatic for? It just a one person die. They should be grateful, such a greedy human."

"--Now is our chance! Kill whitebeard! He is dying already!" The Captain commands and the lower marines shoot after the order but they failed.

The other pirates reluctanly flee while crying. Ace gives his final, grateful farewell to his captain before trying to escape as well.

"Good. Now maybe i can take her heart out and continue back my experiment. Hehehehe, 's been a long time since i got a pure heart." The Demon God grin as he glances at Luffy and Ace directions.

"Guess im done with the business contract. Help your weaker ass yourself." He flaps his wings and fly with a slow speed away without looking back.

However, Akainu tauntingly mocks Whitebeard, and Ace, feeling angry and insulted on Whitebeard's behalf.

"Take back what you just said!"

""Take back" you say? Not in a million years! I'll tell you why. I wonder if he really had the intention to fight. I assume that he established a large family someplace and was satisfied being a big fish in a little barrel."

"There are some fools in the world who'd say that his name is keeping peace on various islands but if you ask me, he is just keeping lightweights in fear of him and he thinks that he's the hero which makes me laughs!" He adds.

Ace tries to take him on but it is quickly apparent that Ace is outmatched. Ace got thrown back when their fist clashed each other.

"Are you careless because you ate a Logia type of fruit which is the most powerful of all? You just a fire but my magma can even burn fire!" Says Akainu. "My power is far stronger than yours."