T H I R T Y S E V E N

Chapter thirty-seven

DIRECTING ADRIAN TO ZAYN'S APARTMENT BUILDING, I LEAD HIM INSIDE WITH HIS ARM THROWN OVER MY SHOULDER, HOLDING ME CLOSE AS I STEER HIM TOWARDS THE PRIVATE ELEVATOR.

I type in the access code with Adrian peering over my shoulder, catching a glimpse of it as he steps back the doors open with a ding and I step on, playing with Adrian's finger before pressing the button for the top floor, stepping back and leaning against him.

Soft lips brush across my forehead as his fingers brush back a stray strand of straightened hair. "Everything sorted between you and Kingston?" He growls, his voice holding a possessive edge to it that I don't fail to notice, his free hand falling to him and gripping tightly as he spins me around to face him.

I arch a challenging brow in his direction, "What if it's not? What are you going to do about it?" I tease squirming against him as his fingers dig into my hip.

"I'm not sharing you, Arianna," He growls possessively taking a step back as he releases me. Stunned, I watch as he runs a hand through his hair before slipping his hand in mine and pulling me along behind him as he stalks out of the elevator, eyes dancing around the room as he steps into the foyer.

Releasing my hand, I keep my eyes trained on his muscular back as the muscles ripple and tense beneath his white tee as he strolls out into the lounge, sinking down on to the grey two seat recliner. He looks like he's having a war between his heart and mind as I follow behind him, heading into the fully stocked kitchen according to my brother's message and put a fresh pot of coffee on to brew, giving him some space to gather his thoughts.

Strolling back out to the lounge, I place his mug on the coffee table in front of him before slipping into the seat beside him. Sensing my presence, he peeks an eye open, releasing a sigh as he runs a hand across his face. "Look, if you still need some time to sort through things and get your head straight, that's totally understandable and as much as it kills me, I'll wait." He tells me, holding his hands out in front of him, as he shifts around on the couch so that we're facing each other. Placing my mug down on the coffee table, I send him a smile, silently telling him to carry on, even though I think I know where he's going with this, knowing that he needs to get this off his chest.

"Call me a selfish bastard, but I'm not sharing you, Arianna," He growls through gritted teeth, clenching his jaw, curling his hands into tight fists resting at his side. He arches a brow in question, "It's either all in or nothing. I can't have one foot out the door, not with you, Arianna," He murmurs shaking his head and screwing his eyes closed.

"Look at me, Adrian," I demand softly, licking my lips as I lean forward, shuffling closer to him, pressing a hand against his cheek. The light stubble on his clenched jaw pricks the skin as the palm of my hand skims his jaw. I send him a soft smile, my fingertips brushing across his cheek as he leans into my palm. "I'm all in baby,"

A D R I A N   K I N G

Fuck me. That was the best sleep I have gotten in God only knows how long.

Dropping my head back against the pillow, I blow out a breath, blindly reaching a hand across the bed and finding Arianna, buried under the covers. Fingers curling around her petite waist, I peek an eye open, a smile works its way across my lips at the sight of her curled up into my side, chestnut locks spilling over the pillows, her chest heaves in a steady pattern, a sluggish smile dances across her lips as she releases a contented sigh.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," She murmurs with a smile, her voice full of sass, bringing her long arms in front of her as she stretches, back arching off the mattress before falling back with a sigh escaping her. She peeks an eye open, her eyes dancing with mirth. "You were staring,"