S I X

I TRUST THE NEXT CHAPTER SIMPLY BECAUSE I KNOW THE AUTHOR

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I TRUST THE NEXT CHAPTER SIMPLY BECAUSE I KNOW THE AUTHOR

•••

• A R I A N N A •

The sound of a door slamming shut followed by several pair of footsteps heading towards our direction has me straightening up.

"Luna," I coo softly, standing up and opening my arms for her when Ava steps into the room, "Hi," I smile brightly at the one year old as I bounce her on my hip, following the girls into the kitchen with their pile of shopping bags as I see Adrian's sisters make their way into the lounge.

Alysia and Ashley. 

They're absolutely gorgeous, more so up close and in person, than the photo I vaguely recall seeing last night at the club.

A soft nudge to my ribs has me painting on a smile  – no matter how strained – and turning to Freya with an arched brow. She shakes her head with a soft smile tugging at her lips as she twirls a strand of platinum blonde hair from her ponytail around her finger.  "What's up Ari?" She asks as she plops her bags on to the counter in front of her.

"The sky," I tease answering her question, biting back the smile as her blue eyes roll to the back of her head.  I shrug my shoulders, innocently. 

"That's not what I meant and you know it," She points out with a heavy sigh escaping her. "How'd coffee with your sister go?" She asks hesitantly, peering up at me through her lashes as she timidly bites her bottom lip, rolling the flesh around between her teeth.

I swear to God, I try – I really do – but I  can't help the groan that escapes me as I throw my head back in frustration at the mention of the shitshow that was grabbing a coffee with my sister earlier today. 

"She still being a hardass?" She teases knowingly.

"Isn't she always." Is my candid response as I press a kiss into Luna's hair as she buries her head into the crook of my neck as I place her onto the kitchen island with a small smile. "It's Audrey Malik you're talking about here." I point out with a bitter laugh escaping me. 

"Yeah," She agrees breathlessly with a careless shrug of her shoulder, "And as far as I know, aren't sister's meant to have your back?" She questions rhetorically and I nod my head

"Yeah, they do. Growing up Aaliyah was like the best friend I couldn't get rid off" I agree with a nod of my head, a wishful sigh escaping me as I  recalling the times that Aaliyah has always had my back without a shadow of doubt growing up, whether that was when I started high school and had to deal with the queen bee and mean girl Jenna or if it was with getting mum to let me to wear a skirt to school during the summer for the first time instead of trousers. "Just not Audrey,"  I state knowingly, with a roll of my eyes as I hear my phone ring in the lounge before Alysia appears with the device in her hands. Thanking her, I grab the device and head to the privacy of my room after handing Luna over to Freya. 

Unexpected Love ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें