S E V E N

THE ACHE TO BE H O M E IS WITHIN US ALL

IT'S THE PLACE WE CAN GO

 AS WE ARE AND NOT BE QUESTIOND

•••

AR I A N N A

My phone chimes with another message from the passenger seat and I ignore it, continuing to drive down the M20. A minute later, I slow to a stop at a red light and glance at the screen before picking the device up.

A smile tugs up at the corners of my lips at the message from my oldest sister, Aaliyah, saying that she can't wait to see me. Quickly, typing out a message which tells her that I'm less than an hour away, I throw my phone into the passenger seat before grabbing a hold of the wheel, and pressing my foot down onto the gas and speeding off.

True to my words, I am pulling into the driveway off my childhood home no more than an hour later. Slamming the door shut as I slip out with my phone and bag in one hand, my car keys in the other as I lock the vehicle over my shoulder before making my way towards the front door. Quietly closing the door behind me, I slip inside taking my shoes off at the door before making my way to the lounge.

"I'm home bitches." I exclaim, seeing my eldest sister Aaliyah curled up on the couch with a book in her hands, sipping contently from the mug of tea in her hands. At the sound of my voice, her head snaps up with a small smile tugging up at corners of her lips.

"Arianna," she coos as she stands up and makes her way over. "How are you?" She asks, her voice kitten soft as she wraps me up in a tight embrace that squeezes the air out of my lungs as soon as I'm within arm's reach of me.

With a smile, I wrap my arms around my oldest sister, feeling just as relieved to see her as she is to see me. "I'm good." I murmur against her as her dainty fingers run through the strands of my luscious curls. "Just missed home," I add on with a sigh, but truthfully, I needed a break from everything.

University. Work. My friends. Oh, and not to mention a certain green-eyed enigma who has sneaked into my life out of thin air, and continues to confuse the ever loving shit out of me, every day.

"More like you missed your big sis, Ari," She muses with a gentle smile adorning her lips and I let out a scoff as I pull away and flick my curls over my shoulder, not having the energy needed to reprimand my sister for ruining the curls.

"Hmm, I doubt it Al." I snicker at the gobsmacked expression she wears as I move around her and head to the couch she was seated on earlier, dumping my bag down before taking a seat in the corner.

"Bull-fucking-shit Ari." She scoffs plopping down beside me and shifting around to get comfortable, curling her legs underneath her. "I'm highly missable, alright?"