F I F T E E N

Chapter fifteen 

Don't  respond to my drunken texts in the morning

You missed out

Sober me doesn't feel the same way anymore

•A R I A N N A•

"Where you going, gorgeous?" A low husky drawl causes me to freeze in my tracks , my fingers hovering over the zipper of my skirt, I screw my eyes closed.

Shit. Fuck. Busted.

Slowly my eyes flutter open at the sound of shuffling to find Craig standing in front of me, in all his naked glory, towering over me like a dark cloud looming over my head.  His sapphire orbs flicker with understanding softening the slightest.

"You alright?" He murmurs softly, taking a step back instinctively. 

I breathe a heavy sigh, mix with regret. "Yeah... sorry for kicking you off me."

"Yeah, I can't say that it's happened before." He teases, a flicker of amusement dancing around the iris as I slip my shirt on over my head before using the spare hair tie I always keep on my wrist to tie my hair up in a messy ponytail.

I frown to myself, "Seriously, I'm sorry. Fuck, I should have never listened to Ria and Jayden." I scrub a hand over my face, my face no doubt flushed red with embarrassment. I should have known I wasn't ready. 

"Seriously, don't worry about it." He waves off my apology as I scramble around the room, trying to find my phone and purse, he follows closely behind, throwing on a pair of sweatpants, "Nothing's broken right." He teases with a smirk.

I glance at him over my shoulder, "You mean other than your ego?" I quirk a brow in disbelief. I mean people always say there's nothing more fragile in the world than the male ego.

"Bruised and battered." He plays along with the corners of his lips tilting up into a smile, "But eh, I'll live." His tongue pokes out against his teeth as he shrugs a lazy shoulder. I follow him through to the kitchen and grab my purse off the kitchen counter, swinging it over my shoulder after checking that I have everything that I came with before turning around to leave.

"Stay for a coffee at least." He calls out over his shoulder, and I shake my head, words roll of my tongue, insisting that I'm fine. "C'mon, it's the least I can do." He pleads as he moves to grab two mugs out of the cupboard after setting up the coffee machine and because I'm a sucker and can't possibly function without my morning coffee, I sink into a stool with a heavy sigh escaping me.

"Okay you got me there." I offer with a soft smile which I bite back. It's silent between the two of us for a while. Not the tense kind either. It's the kind of silence that allows you a moment to gather your thoughts through the chaos. Eventually, he slides a mug over before ushering me to follow behind him.