038 - Siberian War of Independence - 11

Начните с самого начала

In this series of battles, the Soviet Union lost five divisions of troops and armored vehicles, but this did not break their will to fight. They were surrounded by the Japanese and the Americans, their supplies were cut off, they were hit by field artillery from a distance where they could not return fire on the accumulation of supplies, the heavy equipment placed around the perimeter of the city was sniped by tank guns from a distance, the rivers were taken, battle boats, fishing boats, and transports were burned to the ground, the skies were taken, and soldiers were shot at if they were in sight. That's how scary Stalin was.

The report to Stalin was that the Far Eastern Red Banner General Front was desperately fighting against the Japanese and American imperialists. It also expressed the hope that support troops would be sent in as soon as possible and that supplies would be sent to Novosibirsk. Stalin promised to send not only the 20 divisions that were being prepared for dispatch, but also the remaining air force in units of 1.000 planes as reinforcements to the Red Banner General Front in the Far East. *2 However, a change in international relations put a stop to this. This was the proximity of Japan and Poland.

Diplomacy, Japan/Poland (D-Day+74)

The Embassy of Japan in Poland held a joint press conference with the Polish government, touting the goodwill and friendship between the two countries. At the same time, it was announced that Japan was planning to provide construction equipment as a sign of friendship.

At this announcement, the Soviet press panicked, thinking that the West was about to enter the war against the Soviet Union. In response, the Japanese ambassador emphasized the peaceful nature of the relationship. He added that a goodwill mission would be dispatched from Japan to Poland with a convoy led by the destroyer Musashi.

The Soviets were horrified by Japan's willingness to send strategic battleships to Europe so casually, and by the prospect of an assault landing at Leningrad. Japan claimed to be peaceful, but there was no way the Soviets, or Stalin, could believe that.

. . .

Air Propaganda War, Japan (D-Day+75)

In order to discourage the Soviet Union's desire to take over the war from Stalin, Japan mobilized the strategic bombers of the Republic of Guam to target Moscow. Bomber pilots were excited to see American aircraft overrun Moscow, something that had not been done during the Cold War or the post-Cold War period. However, it was not bombs that were dropped, but leaflets calling for an early ceasefire and for peace. They were to be dropped at altitudes beyond the reach of the Soviet air force.

Propaganda bombing. Of course, background music is important for propaganda, so they played Ave Maria on the radio—an international channel. The bomber pilots shouted with joy. However, since the number of strategic bombers was small, the P-1s from the JMSDF were mobilized in full force. In this way, the force of about 100 aircraft was named the Goodwill Air Force (Moscow Express). The name of the operation was SC (Santa Claus), and no one could mistake its meaning.

. . .

Background to the End of the War, Soviet Union (D-Day+78)

After Moscow's skies were invaded, Japanese aircraft began to invade the urban areas around the Ural Mountains and spread leaflets. The content of the leaflets was uniformly about the desire for peace. However, Stalin did not misunderstand the intentions of the leaflets. It was a threat. If necessary, he said, he would burn down the Ural Industrial Zone, the backbone of the Soviet economy. Stalin was furious, but he was powerless to respond.

He was about to order his troops in Novosibirsk to fight a decisive battle, but the upper echelons of the Soviet military, who were aware of the actual situation, stopped him. Instead, they urged that Siberia be cut off as a loss at this time, and that the soldiers in Novosibirsk be rescued in preparation for a full recovery in the future. Stalin was so enraged by this appeal that he drank a lot of Vodka that night, and the next day he accepted the request of the Soviet military superiors. The war, which lasted three months, came to an end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes

*1: A foul-mouthed British military observer said, "The Type 31 shocked the world, and the fucking Type 10 made the enemy despair."

*2: At this point, the Soviet aircraft had been depleted to over 2.000, and the depletion of first-line pilots was more painful to the Soviet military than the aircraft themselves. Aside from Japanese aircraft firing P-SAMs from a distance that could not be confirmed under AWACS control, the Soviet air force, which had been able to resist to some extent at the beginning of the war against American aircraft, which were an extension of conventional air warfare, even though they were supported by AWACS, began to see their kill ratios deteriorate all at once as their skilled pilots were exhausted.

The scale of the Soviet air force was still first-rate, but its value as a fighting force was rapidly disappearing. Nevertheless, if the Japanese or Americans were to launch air strikes, they would have to fly sorties to protect the morale of Novosibirsk. It was as if the Soviet air force was fighting without stopping the bleeding of its wounds.