38

Holyyyy crap. this book is at 50k reads. 

Thank you all so much! Sorry for the super long break. I had to mentally recharge from my finals lol. 

// PREVIOUSLY ON HE'S BACK //

Katsuki stopped in front of Kioku's dorm. It had his name plate on it just like everyone else's. Katsuki put his head to the door. No noise came from it. He was likely asleep.

But suddenly, there was a bloodcurdling scream. 

Chapter 38: Switch Spiral

Kioku's eyes burst open in fear. His throat felt sore, and his eyes felt bloodshot. 

It was just another nightmare. 

It was a nightmare where had to watch his mother be turned into a monstrous Nomu over and over again while he just stood there and watched. 

Kioku sat up, observing his shaking hands. Why was he having these dreams? Was this the work of Hisashi? 

"Respond to me. You're scaring me." said a voice next to him. He could only hear cloudy bits of it. It almost felt like he was still dreaming. 

Look at him...

Kioku raised up his head tiredly. "Kacchan? Is that you?" he said in a low whisper. 

Katsuki pursed his lips, sighing, before letting out a frustrated grunt. 

"What are you? Deaf?! I've been trying to get your attention after you screamed in your sleep."

Kioku didn't respond nor make any eye contact. He was unresponsive. 

"Deku. Do I need to call Sensei?"

"Kacchan, go back to bed. I'm fine."

"Even back when you were Izuku, you always did this shit. Pretending you're completely fine for the sake of others."

"But, I am fine.." he murmured, his voice timid and quiet. 

Katsuki stood up. "Tch. Whatever. It would be messed up to try and force anything out of you after everything you went through in the last week."

Katsuki left the room, closing the door harsher than he intended to. He walked down the hallway with his hands in his pockets. 

He felt all of those unpleasant feelings that appear when something wasn't quite right. There was something eerie about Kioku.  

Over the next few days, Katsuki would check up on Kioku.

 Every night, there was the same cries and yells that he remembered from the Kamino Ward Incident. Kioku sounded like he was being brutally tortured with how agonized and pain-filled the screams were. 

Kioku's night terrors only seemed to get worse and worse each night. Every time he intervened, Kioku would be in the same state, dazed and confused.

He would be unresponsive and spacey, as if his mind was somewhere else. Almost as if he was someone else.