16

ARC 5

II PREVIOUSLY ON HE'S BACK II

"Yeah, I sure feel bad for his family. I heard that his official retirement was yesterday."

Kioku's eyes widened. Ingenium...was finished?

Iida...

Chapter 16: Eraserhead

"What did you say?" Kioku turned over to the students. 

"You haven't heard? Some hero killer guy attacked him in Hosu! The guy will never be able to fight again!" 

The other boy made a motion like if he was swinging a knife. "Apparently the Hero Killer is loose and the pros are trying to track him down. I hope they do before he can seriously injure anyone else." 

Another boy stood in the doorway of the hall. 

Kioku quickly finished throwing away his bandages, slipping on his school blazer. "Dammit."

"Oh! Now I recognize you! You're that quirkless kid from 1A! You almost died, didn't you?" said the boy. "You really went out of your way to draw attention to yourself, huh?"

Kioku looked back to see someone from Class 1B. "Hm?"

"You spoke big words at the Festival, too bad you were the reason it was cancelled!" 

"Monoma, stop it." mumbled one of the other students. 

Kioku smirked, looking up at the blonde boy. "Monoma, is it? You possess the quirk to copy other quirks. That would be useless in a fight against me."

"Cocky, aren't you? Oh yeah, it's that guy with the half-and-half quirk's fault! What a villanous move he pulled. What kind of a heartless bastard would try and kill a weak student?"

"You bastard!"

A punch was thrown at Kioku, who blocked easily. He used his other arm to right-hook Monoma, well, if a hand hadn't stopped him. 

He was so lost in a moment of anger, that he forgot about everything else. 

"I'm going to kill you, Monoma!" seethed Kioku, his eyes full of hatred. 

"I'd like to see you try!" 

"Hey, both of you, stop! No fighting in the hall!" Iida managed to successfully separate the two. 

Kioku looked over to see Aizawa coming down the hall. His hair was raised, and his eyes were glowing red. 

"Hey, what the hell is going on!?" 

"These two were about to fight in the hall!" Iida stepped back to reveal Monoma and Kioku to Aizawa. Monoma had a smirk on his face, and Kioku was still catching his breath. 

"Who started it!?"

"I did." Monoma stepped back to separate himself from the crowd, which confused Kioku. Did this bastard want to apologize? No.. By that smirk on his face, this bastard really thought he was in the right. 

"I took the first swing to defend my honor."

"What honor do you have?" Kioku looked at Monoma, eyes dangerously narrow. 

"Silence, both of you! Good job Iida for stopping these two before it could get any worse."

Kioku grit his teeth, looking up at Iida.