17

Kioku sat at an empty table in the cafeteria. He wasn't hungry. He continued to feel anger towards Monoma Neito. Was he really angry over one of his classmates? He could care less if Monoma called him weak. 

Maybe he really was feeling something for a classmate. It perplexed him. Normally he wouldn't care if someone was trash talking a classmate. There was something about Todoroki. Maybe it was what Todoroki said to him that day. 

He hated this. 

"Midoriya! I wasn't able to ask you during class, but how are you feeling? You made such a quick recovery."

Once again, it was the bubbly Uraraka Ochaco. Kioku grit his teeth. She was by far the most annoyingly persistent person he knew. But, she was also the kindest to him. 

Behind Uraraka was Iida. "Hello, Midoriya. Regardless of the event that took place, and everything dishonorable that you've done-"

"Can we sit with you? Please?"

Kioku stared at the brunette, his eyes lowered in annoyance. "Do what you want." 

Uraraka was all giddy as she sat down across from him. Iida sat down next to her. 

"You're not going to eat anything?" asked Iida, his glasses gleaming under the light. "You should definitely eat something to restore stamina. Especially since you've been in the hospital."

Kioku ignored him. "Why are you interning in Hosu? I'm sure you've received better offers than Manual." 

Iida went quiet for a moment, until he smiled lightly. "I'd like to work in urban areas. Besides, it's good to try out new things."

Kioku lowered his head. "How is your brother?"

"He's perfectly fine, and recovering nicely."

Both Uraraka and Kioku eyed Iida. His face was too calm. There was a small glint in his eyes that Kioku picked up on.

"Well then. I'll be off. It's good to be early anyways."

Iida left almost as soon as he had sat down. Uraraka's eyes were full of worry. "Iida.."

If there was anything Kioku was able to recognize, it was someone looking for revenge. 

"Did you get any new scars from the Sports Festival to add to the collection?" asked Sato. Kioku grit his teeth. 

"Mind your business." he muttered in a low dangerous voice. He packed his uniform into his locker, taking out his gym uniform. 

"Dude, chill out. No one's trying to mess with you."

Kioku ignored Kaminari, glancing over at Iida. He wasn't reprimanding the annoying chatter of students. Usually he would be telling everyone to be quiet and change quickly. 

Iida's brother was paralyzed from the waist down. He wouldn't ever be able to return to hero work again, thanks to the Hero Killer. They hadn't even managed to catch him yet. He's still roaming the streets freely. Ingenium was lucky he wasn't killed. 

"Midoriya." Kioku flinched at Todoroki's presence. Kioku quickly covered as much of his burn as he could. It didn't help that everyone had turned around to look at him. "Did I create that?"

"What?"

"That burn on your arm. You obviously know what I'm speaking of, Midoriya." 

Kioku ignored him.