097. soul catcher

Sam, Cas, and Billy are in the school and where everybody is set up.

"I just don't know how much longer we can control them. I don't think they're buying the benzine story. I think... one man told me his wife, she's gone missing and--"

"Wait, wait. What? Who?" Sam asks, cutting Cas off.

"He said her name was Nan." Cas says.

"Alright, we'll find her." Sam assures. "Will you tell the hunters in the zone to keep an eye out?" He asks.

"Got it." The hunter nods.

"Thank you." Sam says as the hunter walks off. "Give me a minute." He tells the two before walking to the front of the room. "C-Can I have your attention? 'Scuse me! Um, can I have... excuse me! Can I have your attention, please?" He waits until everybody is paying attention.

"Great. First off, we expect to have you back in your homes shortly. Uh, EPA techs will be here tomorrow to determine the source of the elevated benzine levels and how to properly respond. In the meantime, it is essential you stay out of the quarantine zone until it's safe. Thanks. Any questions?"

Most of the crowd raises their hands, the two hunters and angel sharing clueless looks.

"I'm just, uh... gonna take this out and use it to go make sure that Daph hasn't, like... I don't know, accidentally killed herself or something." Billy says, walking away.

Billy finds Daphne, eyebrows furrowing when she kicks the vending machine.

"Dude, what the hell that thing ever do to you?" Billy questions.

"It won't give me the fucking candy." Daphne whines, hitting the glass.

"Okay, okay, bro, don't break it." Billy gently pushes her back.

"Well, it wouldn't be the first one." She grumbles. Billy gives her a confused look. "You were in the other world. We were at a motel, I was mad at dad one and dad two, got kidnapped -- long story."

"Okay." Billy mumbles, still confused. "Whoa, wait. Excuse me." He turns back to her. "You got kidnapped?"

"Oh. Uh... we-- we never told you that story, did we?" Daphne awkwardly chuckles.

"Daphne." Billy gives her a 'what the fuck' look.

"Well, we-- we knew you would freak out." She weakly defends.

"No. No, you are telling me everything right now." Billy orders.

"Is that-- do I hear Sam? I should-- I should." Daphne speed walks away.

"No. Hey! Daphne Sabrina Burton, you get your hyperactive secret keeping ass back here." Billy demands. Daphne starts running and Billy chases her.

+++

Sam is adding stuff to their bulletin board of information as Cas talks to him. Billy and Daphne are playing Go Fish.

"I just think we need to tell the family something. I mean, we found his wife's body." Cas says.

"Cas, we will. When we can." Sam says.

"When we can?" Cas repeats.

"Cas, we have people outside that door who are barely keeping it together. We start talking murder--"

"Knock, knock!" They turn to see Rowena. "Am I interrupting something juicy?"

"No. Rowena, thanks for coming." Sam tells her.

"Samuel. Castiel. William, Daphne. What? A town full of ghosts. Messy even by Winchester standards." Rowena says.

"We're hoping you can help." Sam says.