081. nineteenth birthday

Daphne and Billy are in his room and watching TV when Sam walks in.

"Hey. You two wanna go on a case?" Sam asks.

"A case?" Daphne asks.

"Wait, you... you mean we get to be honored enough to... to not get stuck at home?" Billy dramatically asks, putting his hand on his chest, acting touched.

"Okay." Sam rolls his eyes.

"Oh, this is such a privilege to finally be able to go on a case with the greats." Daphne remarks.

"You know what? Never mind." Sam says, starting to leave.

"No, no, no, wait. Wait, wait, wait." Daphne pleads, getting him to stop. "We'll go. We'll go."

"Wait, why am I going?" Billy asks.

"Because tomorrow's my birthday and I refuse to spend it without you." Daphne says. Billy shrugs. "We'll go." She tells Sam.

"Great. Get packed... and stop being smartasses." Sam says.

"That second one is, unfortunately, though not really all that unfortunate, will never be able to be fulfilled." Daphne says.

"Well, cool it for the road trip, okay?" Sam says before leaving.

+++

Daphne is still asleep in the backseat, lying across the seat, her feet on Billy's lap. She feels gentle taps on her cheek and she keeps her eyes shut as she swats at whatever it is.

The taps stop for a few moments before they return, this time on her neck. Daphne curls her shoulders up, swatting the person's hand away.

"Daffy." Billy says in a sing song voice. "Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey."

"Shut up." She grumbles.

"I have a chocolate frosted donut with sprinkles. Guess I'll eat it." Billy shrugs.

"No!" She shoots up, looking for the donut and sees Billy holding it.

"Happy birthday, dweeb." Billy smiles, giving her the donut.

"Thanks. But at least I let you sleep in on your birthday." Daphne pouts.

"Um, yeah, now. Before mom and dad died, you'd wake me up every day by jumping on my bed." Billy recalls.

"I was a child. I was... you know, more annoying." Daphne says.

"Wait, you got less annoying?" Billy asks.

"Shut up." Daphne flicks his shoulder and he laughs.

"Where are Sam and Dean?" She asks, finally noticing the car is parked.

"Oh, uh, Sam's in the bathroom, Dean's getting, uh... probably way too much junk food." Billy says.

Soon, Sam and Dean return to the car.

"What'd you get?" Daphne asks Dean, not able to see what's all in the bag.

"A bunch of junk for the birthday girl on her favorite holiday." Dean puts the bag full of candy onto Daphne's lap and she glances in it.

"Whoa." She mumbles. "Haven't seen this much candy since I went trick or treating."

"Happy birthday, Daph." Sam tells her, softly smiling.

"Yeah, happy birthday, Tigger." Dean ruffles her hair.

"Thanks." Daphne smiles at them as Dean starts the car.

"And don't think because this is your last year as a teenager that we're gonna be loosening up any rules or anything." Dean says.

"Mm-hmm. Yeah, wouldn't dream of it." Daphne softly laughs.