021. bunnies and jesters and clowns and deers, oh my

After spending about a week in Fall Rivers and finding Amara, but she got away, they've been at the bunker for a little bit with Cas -- who found Metatron but let him go.

The four are now in Minnesota after Donna had called Dean about a possible case.

"Sheriff. Hey." Sam quietly calls as they walk up to Donna.

"Oh! You guys are a sight for sore eyes!" Donna hugs the two brothers. "And you too, kiddies!" She hugs the Burton siblings.

"Oh-- okay." Billy lightly pats her back while Daphne actually returns the hug.

"What, are you working all 10,000 lakes now? This isn't usually your beat." Dean says.

"Just Larsen County, what with the cutbacks and all. For the most part, it's been tater tots and lemon drops, except for this doozy. I mean, when you get a call about a killer Easter Bunny, you don't know what to think." Donna says.

"Well, you think crazy." Dean says.

"Guy's real strong too. Lashed out at several officers. Took a whole team just to get him into custody. But that's not the weirdest part -- bunny head won't come off." Donna says.

"What do you mean?" Sam asks.

"Tried everything short of a chainsaw, but it's really stuck. I mean, who knows? Could be nothing. Guy could just have a big melon like my Uncle Wally. But ever since I've seen what goes bump in the night... I'm not taking any chances."

"You did the right thing, for sure." Sam says.

"Maybe. I'm just still not 100% this is our kind of case. But if, uh, you got a wild hare... see what I did there?" Dean asks.

"You mean, the shitty dad joke? Yeah, saw. Didn't care." Billy says. Dean frowns, but sees Daphne hiding an amused smile which makes him feel better.

"It's good to see you all!" Donna smiles.

"Who you got there, sheriff?" Doug asks.

"Gentlemen, kids, this is Officer Stover. He's lead on the case." Donna informs.

"Agents Elliott and Savage. It's, uh, they're tagging along for a school project." Sam says.

"Huh. Nice to meet ya. And please, call me Doug." He says.

"These two fine fellas will be helping out with the old hippity hop." Donna says.

"Oh. We're gonna need it. And not that Sheriff Hanscum isn't doing a bang up job. We're lucky to have her." Doug says. "Well, I better get back to it." He says after a few moments.

"Uh-huh." Dean nods as Doug leaves. They all give Donna a look.

"What?" She asks.

"Hey, it's none of our business, but it looks like somebody might have a crush." Dean says.

"I was born at night, Dean. Not last night." Donna says.

"What's the deal? He seems nice." Sam says.

"He is. But he's a cop... named Doug. I mean, clearly, I have a type, but no, thank you, ma'am. Won't be once bitten, twice Doug'd." Donna says.

"All right, where's the wascally rabbit?" Dean asks.

Donna leads them to a hall and they walk down it to the cell where the guy with the bunny head is sitting inside on the cot.

"Any witnesses?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, vic's wife -- Fran Hinkle. Poor thing thought she was next, but the bunny just up and walked out the door." Donna says.