017. mini golf

Dean pulls into a parking spot at the hospital that Cas told them to meet him at. Dean looks back and sees Daphne on her phone and Billy is asleep with his head resting against the window.

"All right, let's go." Dean says.

Daphne glances up at him before looking over at Billy.

"Um... we'll-- we'll stay here." Daphne says.

"What?" Dean asks.

"Well, he just... he just fell asleep. His insomnia has been worse." Daphne says.

"How do you know that?" Dean asks.

"He drinks more coffee and the circles under his eyes are darker. Whatever that werther case thing was really messed him up." Daphne comments.

"Okay. You two stay. If he wakes up and you wanna go in, just text me and I'll text you the room number." Sam says and Daphne nods.

The brothers get out of the car and Daphne stays on quiet so her brother can actually get some sleep. About fifteen minutes later, Billy jolts up in his seat, Daphne looking at him.

"Where are they?" Billy asks.

"Inside. You fell asleep before we got here." Daphne informs.

"Why didn't you guys wake me up?" Billy asks.

"Cause despite what you believe, you do need some sleep to function." Daphne says. Billy lets out a quiet groan as he rubs his eye.

"Come on." Billy gets out of the car as he yawns. Daphne sighs and gets out, shutting the door as Sam, Dean, and Cas walk out.

"You two are with Sam." Dean states.

"Going where?" Billy asks.

"Motel where Claire is staying. She snuck out." Dean informs.

+++

They get to the motel and find Claire's room, Sam picking the lock to get in. They look at all of the research she has on the wall and Sam turns the light back off.

"So we're just gonna sit in the pitch black dark? Like creeps?" Daphne asks.

"Yep." Sam nods.

"You guys need better hobbies." Daphne mutters, laying down on one of the beds.

~ ~ ~

The door opens and Claire turns the light on.

"Took you long enough." Sam says, Claire jumping and turning to him and Billy sitting at the table. She looks around, seeing Daphne asleep on one of the beds.

"How did you..." She asks and Sam holds the postcard she showed him earlier up.

"Also, you checked in under the name Claire Novak. A little pro tip? Use an alias." Sam says.

"Okay." Claire mumbles, starting to pack.

"Claire, we just wanna help." Sam says.

"I didn't ask for your help." Claire says.

"You know, this is good." Sam points to the research. "I was impressed. How did you get the information that--" Claire tosses him a journal.

"It's mostly empty promises and regret, but... there were enough breadcrumbs to get me here." Claire says.

"How did you get your mom's diary?" Sam asks.

"The motel manager sent mom's stuff to her last known address after she disappeared. It bounced around, eventually found its way to me at one of the foster homes." Claire says.