019. mark of cain is gone

Daphne is laying in her bed, as she has been the past few days. Billy walks in with a sandwich and bottle of water.

"Eat." Billy tells her, holding the items out to her.

"Not in the mood." Daphne mumbles.

"Daph, come on. You got to eat." Billy says, sitting on the bed. "Come on, you're supposed to be the hyper one."

"Hyper one needs a break, I guess." Daphne mumbles. Billy sadly sighs and puts the sandwich next to her.

"Eat it." He orders. He gets up, going to the DVD player and grabbing one of the DVDs.

"What are you doing?" Daphne asks, reluctantly taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Putting Hocus Pocus on. That always comforts you somewhat. Helps you feel better." Billy says.

"I don't know what Hocus Pocus is gonna do for my PTSD." Daphne mutters.

"Well, it's the only thing you ever watch after anything traumatic happens. Mom and dad, your seventh grade science teacher, this whole psycho Dean thing. So, Hocus Pocus."

Daphne sighs as Billy starts the movie and sits next to her.

"You know I'm only being annoying cause I care about you, right?" Billy asks.

"Yeah, I know. I just hate it." Daphne grumbles.

"Love you, too." Billy pats her on the head.

+++

Sam had informed that he was leaving the bunker and so was Cas, hoping to find Dean. Billy opted out of it, knowing he needed to be there for Daphne.

After a couple of days, Sam calls Billy.

"Hey. You guys good?" Billy asks. "Daph is slightly freaked. You usually at least text once a day when you're gone."

"Yeah. Yeah, we're, uh, we're good. We got the mark off of Dean." Sam informs.

"Wait, really?" Billy asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, he is, uh... back to normal... ish." Sam says. "I mean, I'm sure there's a lot of mental shit he's going through."

"So when are you guys coming back?" Billy asks.

"Hopefully soon. We, uh, we kind of have a case we're dealing with. It's... it's a complicated, long story." Sam says.

"It always is." Billy mutters.

"You guys are at the bunker, right?"

"Yep. Never left. She barely even leaves her bed."

"Great. Stay there. Don't leave the bunker."

"Why?"

"Just... you know, safety."

"Did you guys, like, release the Devil or something again?"

"What? No. It-It's something new. Just both of you stay at the bunker."

"Okay." Billy hangs up. He fills two bowls up with tortellini and takes them back to Daphne's room. "Here you go." He hands her one of the bowls. "They, uh... they got the mark off of Dean."

"Good." Daphne quietly says, not looking away from the movie playing.

"You gonna be okay?" Billy asks.

"I'm fine, Billy." Daphne mumbles, sticking a piece of tortellini in her mouth.

Billy sighs, not fully believing her, but he drops the subject, knowing she hates talking about it. Besides, when he doesn't want to talk, she drops it, so he doesn't want to push her boundaries when she doesn't push his.