065. monster black market

Daphne walks into the kitchen and Dean is making pancakes.

"You cook breakfast?" She asks.

"Yeah, very funny." Dean rolls his eyes. "You want some?"

"Depends. Are they burnt? Poisoned? Undercooked?" Daphne asks, walking over.

"They're perfect, you little dweeb. And why would I poison any of us?" Dean asks.

"Why does anybody do anything?" Daphne asks.

"Just eat some pancakes so you don't starve, would you? I promise, they're fine." Dean tells her before walking out.

~ ~ ~

It's a little after 10:00 when Sam finally walks into the kitchen, still in his pajamas.

"Ho, ho, ho. There he is. Saved you a short stack." Dean informs.

"Hey, Donna, I'm with Dean. I'm gonna put you on speaker." Sam says before doing so. "Uh, why don't you tell him what you told me?"

"What am I, a piece of garbage?" Daphne asks, Sam shushing her.

"Oh. It's my niece. She's gone missing. And the local cops don't-- I know it's not your normal thing, but--"

"Text us the address. We're on our way." Dean says.

"Thank you." Donna hangs up.

+++

They get to the address Donna sent them and get out, all greeting her.

"How are you holding up?" Dean asks.

"Oh, you know... not great." Donna says.

"Yeah." Dean says.

"I'm sorry for calling you guys, but Jody's got her hands full with the girls." Donna says.

"Hey, never apologize for calling us." Dean says.

"So, what do we know?" Sam asks.

"Uh, staties found her car side of the road. Signs of a struggle." Donna says.

"And what was she doing out here?" Sam asks.

"She was taking a gap year. It's like this thing where--"

"Take a year off, run wild before you go to college." Dean says.

"Hm, yeah. That's what Billy was gonna do before... you know, our lives to went absolute shit." Daphne comments.

"Mm-hmm. Yeah. I used to tell her about how much fun I had when I did it. Well, she thought that sounded like an adventure. She thought--" Donna tearfully cuts herself off.

"Donna, hey. Whatever happened, it's not your fault." Dean says.

"That's what Doug keeps telling me, but... I can't help but think--"

"Just focus on the case." Sam tells her and she nods.

"Doug here?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, he's in there. Talking to the locals." Donna says.

"I'll go check in." Dean says.

~ ~ ~

They're in the office that's in the warehouse with Donna, Doug, and Agent Clegg.

"This is where we found him." Clegg points to a part on the map. "This is an older stretch of highway, mostly used by long haul truckers. There's no patrols to stop the speeders."

"So who found the car?" Sam asks.

"Troopers got an anonymous tip." Clegg says.

"Well, that's convenient." Dean mutters.